• Register Today It's free!

Wheels

Drew

Reaction score
City, State
Winchester
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited
Hey Guys I have a stock rims and tires and I would like to put 20"rims and tires tires on. I got the rims for free so I guess ill put them to use.

So this is what I have
Stock ( 245/70/R16) Rims and tires
My 20"rim is (20" x 8.5) just rim

I was thinking of putting a 225/50/R20)

Do you guys think that will work? If not what will work and wont rub? Thanks alot!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That size tire is gonna be way too small for an Explorer. You need something like a 255/50/20 to be close to stock size. Also, look for the offset measurement somewhere on the backside of the spokes of your wheels. It should say ET**, with the **'s being the offset dimension. If it's somewhere between 20 and 38, you should be good to go and not have any rubbing issues. If it's something other than in that range, I can't say for sure if they will fit without rubbing. For reference, I am running 275/55/20 tires (about 3 inches bigger than stock) on 20x8.5 wheels with 38 mm offset, and they JUST BARELY clear everything.

Ford put 255/55/20's on the factory Explorer/STA.

What tires do you have in mind? I recommend Hankook Ventus ST RH06 in 275/45/20's. I have them and they are very close to stock height, just wider.

The rims you have, what did they come off of?

Edit: Welcome to EF:D

I found a set of 97'Mustang roush wheels 18", will they fit my 03X?

2cqz638.jpg

:thumbsup: thanks. went with nexxen 255 50 20

Back