When are you going to update to 2.11? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

When are you going to update to 2.11?

When are you going to update to 2.11?

• I'm gonna wait and see how others are liking it

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • I'm gonna wait till the tsb to see if its worth it

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • within the week

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • within the next two weeks

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • within the next month

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • what update?

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

jrmexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Just made an appointment for Friday to get it updated.

Dealer asked if it was in response to any problems. Probably going to tell me I cannot update under warranty unless it is for problems with the current software. Fortunately for me, I have small issues that I can list (sirius channel browser, phone doesn't complete a call on the first try, slowness, "1" vs. "line 1" and the like) all day if he'd like.

When are others going to upgrade?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will upgrade in the next few weeks ,just waiting to hear if this is a stable fix , and if there are any residule affects. I have a few very minor issues with 2.8 . I do not want to get this new software and see I am no further ahead, or screw up a good situation.

going to schedule it in with my 1st oil change.
that will be in September.

Damnit, what good is the update option on the sync site when you can't update it?

Last time I took it in they had it for 3 hours, killed the nav system and I had to go back the next day and get a rental car.

When are they going to let us download these updates? I'm also not going to pay money for a bug fix. :rolleyes:

They're not going to let you update them, nor should they, they're responsible for the warranty. 2.11 seems to be a success so far judging by the comments of the members that have it, take yours to a more competent dealer if you're worried about yours messing something up.

I want to wait for the Technical Bulletin to ensure the dealer has all the details. I too have had very few issues besides slowness.

Have an appointment for next Thursday at 8am. They should have it rolling by then.

Had an appointment for Friday the 22nd until my Explorer got rear ended!

I was going to be an early adopter even though 2.8 has been pretty good for me.

I had 2.11 installed today.

I will give it a good test tomorrow and report back...

Running 2.4 with no problems. So I'm going to wait and see.

Got mine updated yesterday.

Seems to be working OK. No crashes so far.

It does seem a bit zippier, but it's also killing phone calls rather often. Can't tell if that's the system or the %^$ing ATT network. It does happen pretty often.

I finally plugged in my ipod and it's "indexing" still. It's showing album art for the first time, so that's good.

I'm still too scared to let it download my phonebook.

It does seem a bit zippier, but it's also killing phone calls rather often. Can't tell if that's the system or the %^$ing ATT network. It does happen pretty often.

I finally plugged in my ipod and it's "indexing" still. It's showing album art for the first time, so that's good.

Indexing takes forever. I wish they would release a utility that would allow you to pre-index a device on your desktop computer and then transfer it to sync so that it doesn't take so long. Once it "indexes" - it then moves on to building voice commands.

Mine goes in 8/2....I have 2.8 right now with minor issues(very slow compared to when I first got the car), a white screen with no use of steering wheel functions, black screen with use of steering wheel functions and 2 reboots besides mentioned prior).

It could be your iPhone too..... my wife's iPhone (on Verizon) started dropping calls like crazy. We had the roaming list updated and now it works a bit better but still drops WAY more calls than my Droid X (which RARELY drops a call).

Back