• Register Today It's free!

When can I expect delivery

freebird262

Reaction score
City, State
Williamsville, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
I ordered a 2011 Explorer Ltd on 1/3/2011. I was wondering if anyone can tell me when I can expect to take delivery or when it's going to be produced. My current lease will be up on 3/4/2011, getting kind of nervous that I won't get it in time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have your VIN?

I ordered a 2011 Explorer Ltd on 1/3/2011. I was wondering if anyone can tell me when I can expect to take delivery or when it's going to be produced. My current lease will be up on 3/4/2011, getting kind of nervous that I won't get it in time.
My order went in Dec. 20th. ON Feb. 7th I received my VIN and 'Build Date' which is Feb. 21st. Today, Feb. 9th I received an ETA of Feb. 28th. I think that is a bit optimistic.
Keep in mind that someone posted that the factory was shut down for 3 weeks for Christmas holidays.
And.....welcome to the Forum. :wavey:

peterk9 we're gonna be brothers! Mine has a build date of Feb 21st too!!! As I understand it, that's just the week it is being built. With a bit of luck, they'll get built the same day! :D

I'm in FL, I'm thinking two weeks for delivery down here. Yes, Feb 28th ETA is optimistic IMHO.

peterk9 we're gonna be brothers! Mine has a build date of Feb 21st too!!! As I understand it, that's just the week it is being built. With a bit of luck, they'll get built the same day! :D

I'm in FL, I'm thinking two weeks for delivery down here. Yes, Feb 28th ETA is optimistic IMHO.
When my salesman gave me that date, I mentioned to him that it meant the week of, not necessarily the exact day. He said no, that is the build date. He has received other confirmations that specified 'Build Week' but mine said 'Build Day'. I'll be keeping an eye on it once it hits that day to see if the delivery date changes. That is important for me since I have to set up a lease transfer appointment for my Highlander!

Did the delivery date come from your salesman too?

My build date came from Cory at Ford (via Facebook). He also gave me a build date. Actually, his words were "the expected date for it to roll off the line is Feb-21-2011." Maybe it is indeed being built that day... That would put it in FL probably the first week in March!

My build date came from Cory at Ford (via Facebook). He also gave me a build date. Actually, his words were "the expected date for it to roll off the line is Feb-21-2011." Maybe it is indeed being built that day... That would put it in FL probably the first week in March!
Yes, the salesman has been providing me all my info. I guess you're not going to be too concerned about Winter tires then. :D

LOL! Nope, it's all about the air-conditioned seats down here! :D

Hey guys,

baxterdown is right: If you PM me your VIN or dealer name & order number, I’d be glad to research your current order status and keep you updated on any new info!

Cory

Just chiming in- Cory rocks...

Really Excited!!

Just thought i'd update everyone. Seni from FCS helped me last week on 2/10,and got my vin and off yhe line of 2/28 with no dealer eta. Called my dealer and and gave him the info. On 2/15 he called me and told me he had a build week of 2/28, dealer eta 3/7. Contacted Seni for update and he confirmed info. Put vin# into link and goy the sticker with build date of 2/22!! I can't wait!! Bothe Cory and Seni deserve a job well done for helping everyone. They must be overloaded big time.

2011 Ex Limited - White Platinum Metalic Tri-Coat, 302A, Polished Wheels, Roof, Towing.:)

Thanks to Everyone!!!

My order went in Dec. 20th. ON Feb. 7th I received my VIN and 'Build Date' which is Feb. 21st. Today, Feb. 9th I received an ETA of Feb. 28th. I think that is a bit optimistic.
Keep in mind that someone posted that the factory was shut down for 3 weeks for Christmas holidays.
And.....welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
Seni was good enough to check on my order and I found out that my Limited is to roll off (hopefully not fall off) the line on Feb. 24th. ETA to the dealer is still shown as Feb. 28th but that could still change. Will check back next week. Thanks Seni.:thumbsup:

Seni was good enough to check on my order and I found out that my Limited is to roll off (hopefully not fall off) the line on Feb. 24th. ETA to the dealer is still shown as Feb. 28th but that could still change. Will check back next week. Thanks Seni.:thumbsup:

Peterk9,

My pleasure! I will do what I can to make sure it doesn't fall off, but I'm just a tiny little woman and that's a big Explorer! LOL! Have a great weekend!

Seni

Damn that is fast for Delivery Peter. Mine was built on the 8th and Cory said I should get it by 1 Mar and that is subject to change.

Back