When Concerns are Raised of Being Unlawful & Deptive | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

When Concerns are Raised of Being Unlawful & Deptive

H.A.L.O.

Reaction score
City, State
Plano, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 95
When Concerns are Raised of Being Unlawful & Deceptive (4WP)

copied from another forum..........UPDATED VERSION

Federal law, specifically the Communications Decency Act, 47 U.S.C.A §230,states that websites are immune from any liability for statements Authored by others.

The State Agency, “Bureau of Automotive Repair” has just completed their several month long “Fraud” investigation into the company known as
4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers, d.b.a. Transamerican Auto Parts Inc., d.b.a. DSI; resulting in the issuance of 19 violations.

This company operates 45 off-road stores nationwide, including but not limited to the selling of Factory Truck Warranties redeemable at all major nationwide dealerships along in being in the business of selling after-market parts & accessories on the internet and to dealerships nationwide.

However, there may be a serious conflict of interest issues with these extended warranties as 4WP mechanics are not GM/FORD/Daimler/Toyota/Nissan certified, nor retain the proper diagnostic equipment to give the complete required mechanical inspections, but they do anyway, and then sell these power-train warranties to be claimed at local dealerships.

In Addition, the title of 4WP’s, “No Questions Asked Tire Warranty” has also caught the interest of multiple Federal & State regulating agencies for being, “False & Misleading” to consumers for the fact that the warranty does ask questions and allows 4WP to reject warranty claims at anytime.

The President of the company has vehemently denied any wrong doing to date and has stated via the internet that, “The customer is number one at 4 Wheel Parts.”

However, his statement completely contradicts his companies Better Business Bureau “Company Reports” of retaining a "NATIONWIDE UNSATISFACTORY RATING" for "Failure to Respond to Consumer Complaints" specifically but not limited to dissatisfaction with the company's service, repairs, advertising, billing errors, unauthorized charges, and/or questionable collection practices.

Additional complaints similar in nature are also for 4WP sister companies, such as “Steel Horse Automotive.” A BBB Company Reliability Report on his companies can be obtained at BBB Company Reports. Even more disturbing, many of the company's Unsatisfactory Records have been purposely removed from the BBB's search engine and will only come up by inputting the stores telephone number.

Furthermore, the company's statement of, “The Customer is Number 1” is once again contradicted by the 19 Violations recently issued by the State Enforcement Agency, “Bureau of Automotive Repair.”

This is just some of the following State Agencies final report violation subject matter below:

•Written False and Misleading Statements etc. Sections (9884.7)(a)(1) BAR Laws & Regulations

•Failure to Provide Written and Revised Signed Estimates etc. (Violating the Bennett v Hays Act)

•Charging for Items Not Specifically Described etc.

•Installation of Non-Calibrated (Zero-Mile) Odometer, installed on factory leases.

•14 other violations were issued similar in nature

* Page 7 of the States Report found that 4WP management tried to return abused GM idler arms that were intalled on trucks that had very large wheels and tires , UNDER GM WARRANTY, only to be denied by the Chevy dealership's service manager .

State Investigation Findings:

•Several severe crimes were committed; unfortunately no enforcement action was taken, due to the fact that there are no laws and/or introduced legislation for swift action to be taken at this time.

Please make the necessary contractual changes and/or cease to do business with such companies who seek to obtain huge profit gains at the terrible expense/losses to others and/or hard working business entities.

Companies who retain such lousy Unsatisfactory Performance Records with the Better Business Bureau should not even be considered as business candidates. He who plays in the dirt shall also get dirty as well.

((NEW)) The District Attorney's Office Issued a Letter Regarding 4WP Stating,
"Your Correspondence Raises Possible Issues of Deceptive & Unlawful Business Practicess of Transamerican Auto Parts."

Main New Link

SOME ACCUMULATED CONSUMER COMPLAINTS BEING FORWARDED TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL

1) My favorite 4WP scam is the "buy 3, get 1 free" deal on the Procomp tires. Whenever they offer this deal they also jack up the price by about $20-$30/tire. (this applies to all sale items)

2) I've got my shocks on order with them, First 4WP sales says that they are "Overstocked" and that he would give me an excellent deal. Two weeks after I placed the order i get an email saying that , "My shocks are on nationwide backorder." Call after call, 4WP kept pushing back the arrival date until I finally changed shocks. I still don't know where the extra $100 over their advertised prices came from, must have been the "handling charges". But, the sad part is they had the best prices compared to anybody in town. All the others would have had to do the dreaded special order and wait game.

3) Well 4wheelparts had the 38/15/15 tires at a good price of $222.00 each. Now that they are advertising $40.00 back they are now $232.00 each. To me that is not even a good deal cause all they are doing is giving you the extra $10.00 that you paid for the tires back. Then it says free shipping yeah but you have to buy the tire warrenty. What kind of a deal is that. I was about ready to order them and found out that I was going to pay more for the four tires than when there is no sale. What a bunch of crooks if you ask me.

4) I also dealt the the "shipping charges" when getting parts. As mentioned they never have any real 4x4 parts in stock and wanted to charge me shipping even if I picked the parts up at the store.....WTF

5)My favorite is the Warn M8000 I almost ordered from them online. They were advertising free shipping. Weeee! Well, when I got to the page to confirm my order I noticed that there was a $50 handling charge.

IT IS FACT, THE MORE PEOPLE COMPLAIN IN FORUMS & FILE FEDERAL COMPLAINTS......
THE BETTER SERVICE WILL GET FOR CUSTOMERS OR 4WP WILL CEASE TO EXIST

(4WP Prosecuting Attorney General)Public Inquiry Unit

(RE: 4WP, L.A. District Attorney's Office of Fraud & Corruption)

(IFCC) Internet Fraud Complaint Center

(FTC) Federal Trade Commission

(BAR) Bureau of Automotive Repair

(NHTSA) National Highway Traffic Highway Safety Adm.
(Office of Defects investigation)

(EPA) Environmental Protection Agency (Spilling Oil & Antifreeze)

(BBB) Better Business Bureau

(((Actual Invoices & Documents That Incriminated 4 Wheel Parts)))

Transamerican Auto Parts, Inc., d.b.a 4WP with offices in Compton, CA, paid BSA $75,000 after a self
audit for unauthorized material revealed that it had unlicensed Microsoft and Symantec software on its computers.

Main News Link

Pro Comp Suspension Problems

.-----------------| ||_
| MGD Light.....| ||'|"";\,___
|_...__...______==|=||__|_\
.|(@)'(@)""""* |(@)(@)*=(@)

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Lt.Jim

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
South Central Pennsylvania/NorthernMaryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
:eek:

<

H.A.L.O.

Reaction score
City, State
Plano, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 95
DA-2.jpg

L.A. County' District Attorney's Office Bureau of Fraud and Corruption
Prosecutions Consumer Protection Division
201 North Figueroa St., Suite 1200
Los Angeles, CA 90012

AG-2.jpg

Office of the Attorney General
Public Inquiry Unit
P.O. Box 944255
Sacramento, CA 94244

I take it the thread is

entertaining :D
interesting :eek:
informative :rolleyes:
other :fire:
all of the above :confused:

<

TheJMan

Reaction score
City, State
Scottsdale, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Mazda 3 Hatchback
:confused:

<

<

TheFox88

Reaction score
City, State
Flagstaff, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Wow, i am glad i have not ordered anything from them. I was planning on getting my wheels from them, but not anymore.

<

slravene

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC (Home) / Raleigh, NC (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
i hate them. end of story, always have and always will.

<

zhanx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Up state NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xls
weird thankgod i order stuff from them while deployed never had a problem

<

JPA1982

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX for now
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT V8 AWD
would have to say that i've had almost nothing but problems each time i have every ordered from them, maybe 25% of the time is actually correct and easy

the only reason i have went back that many times, is because we it comes to price, i've always set my own with them, they will pretty much sell the product at whatever your willing to pay as long as they make the sell, which typically kicks all other competitors @rshes, yes its bad that i kept going back, but i was a poor college kid and had to get what i needed with the least amount spent, usually gotten lots of free stuff from them, cause we the ship the wrong items, they just let u keep it, dumb

after my last go around buying shocks though, I"M DONE WITH THEM, no more for them, found others to buy from and still get a good deal,

just my $.02

<

slravene

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
hell, they wouldnt even honor what THEIR website said as a price for their towstraps. Online said 19.99/per....went in the store and it was 39.99/per....i asked them to honor the online price, and they said that they would not since the online prices are set by Corporate....not by them and they would price it how they felt. Needless to say i put the strap on the counter, and walked out and havent been back since.

<

H.A.L.O.

Reaction score
City, State
Plano, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 95
yeah it gets better........The Cooper Tire Co produces the Pro Comp line for 4WP and a big scandal is going on there,considering that The Cooper Tire Co has over 120 tire RECALLS, 3 times more than BFG and Goodyear

<

slravene

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
im guessing that since the Cooper Tire Co. is so large that those numbers are being skewed. I seriously doubt that their recalls have anythin to do with 4WP or a scandal. Its most likely due to the fact that they produce alot of low end "cheap" tires that could be prone to problems due to quick and cheap production.

<

H.A.L.O.

Reaction score
City, State
Plano, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 95
slravene said:
Its most likely due to the fact that they produce alot of low end "cheap" tires that could be prone to problems due to quick and cheap production.

YES I AGREE

I found those numbers straight from the Federal Database at the NHTSA, Office of Defects Investigation.........let me give you the link.

Click Under Safety Recalls (SEARCH BUTTON)

Then Click on Tires (ON RIGHT SIDE)
Then Select Tire Line: COOPER
Then scroll down to see the long list

<