When did your 35's start looking small?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

When did your 35's start looking small??

I was in the garage today and was looking at the Explorer as it sat patiently waiting for me to take it on another adventure (sorry pal, not today). I noticed that my 35" Goodyear MTR's just don't seem so big anymore. Must be time for 37's. Or, I could just drive it into a shopping mall parking lot, and park next to a stock Explorer to get back my perspective. I think I will take a ride to Von's today to get a reality check, lots of Explorers in that parking lot.:p:

When was the first time you noticed that those huge tires just don't seem so big anymore?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Paul, you can't go to bigger tires yet...I'm not ready for your 40's yet :(:p:

Don't worry, judgeing by the picture's I posted on another thread, you can see that the 40's just fit, and that wouldn't have happen if we didn't cut the frame to fit them. I don't think Winter want's to go any bigger, at least not with this truck.;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 31s are looking small, I plan on getting a set of 34x10.50 LTBs after I get my D35/aussie locker, 4.0 and M5OD in.

My 35s looked small on my old explorer with a 4" lift. I'm liking the 36s I currently have, but will probably get the 38.5s next.

Here is a 35" compared to a 40"

40s.jpg

I think My 37's look small now, but I don't think my truck is that big really anymore. It still fits in the garage door.:dunno: However, when ever family comes over and walks through the garage, they say "whoa...that thing is huge!" I just look at the 150 or volvo tires and think yeah maybe the 37's are a bit bigger.

I think the same way when i look at my truck.
But then again it was kinda neat today i was walking out of the store back to my truck today to find a guy and his kid beside my truck taking pictures of it.

they thought it was really cool to see a lifted Explorer:D

Turns out he was driving a 95 X all stock tho. but wanting to lift it and what not. so of course i told him about this place.:thumbsup:

those tires are just huge. and now with everybody thinking this way there are more and more people tearing up the trails to the point where, if you want to go offroading you have to go big or go home. 31's are going to end up being a grocery store vehicle for moms taking the kids shopping. i wanted 31's but now looking at this stuff and remembering the ruts around the trails i will going to, i need at least 33's or 34's

i am doing a 2inch tt a 2.5 inch shackle and 2 or 3 inch body lift what are the biggest size tires i can fit without triming? and i don't mind if the tires are skinny. the height is what i am looking at! so 10.5 or 11.5 i think would be plenty.

i haven't seen my 37's in almost a year. but they looked small since my daily work driver has 52 inchers on it. Its an LMTV.

You could start by reading the offroad section of the forum and posting in the correct place, this has been covered over and over.

However, you are on the right track with the TT, shackles and 3" BL. It'll fit 35's but you will likely have to trim your bumper, and the rear of the front fenders. I ran this setup for a couple of years with it locked front and rear. This was a great setup except for the frequency of broken front CV shafts.

Back