• Register Today It's free!

When do the 2012's come out?

Loganfilm

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Monica, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited 4WD
I've been waiting about a month after my order and now have no ETA whatsoever on build date or delivery. With all the chatter about tech problems and such, at what point does it make more sense to wait for a 2012 model that will be worth more since a major portion of 11 will be over by the time of delivery? I guess more bugs would be ironed out by then, too?

Any idea when the 12's will be released? Maybe it's worth canceling now and waiting?

Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They will start taking orders in May.
Start to build in August.

I'm assuming it's going to be at least June or July before I get mine at this point. If that's true... then don't the new cars usually get released in September or October?

Will there be a better engine option in the 12's? Something used a little more universally throughout the Ford lineup that might have more aftermarket performance upgrade options? Right now, I'm told that NO ONE is planning on making any aftermarket Supercharger or Turbo kits for the 11 Ex. That's the word I got from SEMA attendees.

They will start taking orders in May.
Start to build in August.

If that's true, then I think it may make sense to wait. Why get an 11 that two months later could be a 12? Right? Unless something happens and I actually get a delivery estimate within the next couple of MONTHS.... Right now, I don't know squat. They wouldn't even talk pricing with me yet, even after I plunked down some cash for a custom order in February.... Good thing the deposit is refundable.

1. Really think they will release the 2012 Ex in August....just came out in January no?

2. No reason to think the 2012's will ship anywhere near on time once they do start based on what we see now.

I'll wait a while longer, not forever though.

They will also start to take cost out on the next model year. Cheaper components might also be phased in.

If that's true, then I think it may make sense to wait. Why get an 11 that two months later could be a 12? Right? Unless something happens and I actually get a delivery estimate within the next couple of MONTHS.... Right now, I don't know squat. They wouldn't even talk pricing with me yet, even after I plunked down some cash for a custom order in February.... Good thing the deposit is refundable.

Hey Logan,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. I would like to help track your order. Have you been provided with an order number and dealer code? With those two things I can research my system for your Explorer. Please let me know via PM if I can do anything to assist you. Thank you.

Seni

I'm assuming it's going to be at least June or July before I get mine at this point. If that's true... then don't the new cars usually get released in September or October?

Will there be a better engine option in the 12's? Something used a little more universally throughout the Ford lineup that might have more aftermarket performance upgrade options? Right now, I'm told that NO ONE is planning on making any aftermarket Supercharger or Turbo kits for the 11 Ex. That's the word I got from SEMA attendees.

The ecoboost turbo 4 cyl will be offered in FWD only. I would not say this is a performance engine, more of an economy step.

The 12 MY builds will apparently start in July.

Little or no changes, but ordering guide not out yet.

As well with the 13's being available in Q1 2012

Ford has promised Law Enforcement there wont be a big gap between Crown Victoria end of life/shut down at St Thomas Plant (Sept 2011) and 2013 Interceptor Sedan and Utility production.

The new Interceptors will be built in the Chicago Plant same line as the Taurus and Explorer.

Back