• Register Today It's free!

When to wash?

JackStraw_1969

Reaction score
City, State
Standing on the Moon
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
What is the concensus on when to get the mud off?

Is it easier while it's still wet, or do you wait a day or three and let it dry?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I say when its wet. When you go to do it a few days later, you have to re-saturate the dirt to get it off.

I agree...dry mud can be a pain to get off. I usually take my truck to the car wash right after I get done wheeling...the pressure washer does a better job that the hose at my house. And I don't like to leave mud on there for long....rust is an issure with older explorers and i'm keeping my explorer free from it.

Later
CP :D

I agree.. when its wet its easier.... Also, to get the mud off easier, spray cooking PAM on your tires, wheel wells before you go wheeling. Its makes the mud and dirt just slide right off and makes cleaning a snap. Be very careful not to get any PAM on your brakes or rotors... This makes braking kinda sketchy. Happy Trails

Sounds like wet is the best time.....

Originally posted by MattStarr
I agree.. when its wet its easier.... Also, to get the mud off easier, spray cooking PAM on your tires, wheel wells before you go wheeling. Its makes the mud and dirt just slide right off and makes cleaning a snap. Be very careful not to get any PAM on your brakes or rotors... This makes braking kinda sketchy. Happy Trails

cool tip...never thought about that. I might have to give it a try this weekend :)

Later
CP :D

Would Pam work if I sprayed it on my car daily? I live on a dirt road. :)

I wouldn't mind Pamming my friends hood on his olds cutlass so i can slide across it. i'd do mine, but i dont want to jump that high just to fall on my but...

Originally posted by Jonger1150
Would Pam work if I sprayed it on my car daily? I live on a dirt road. :)

Not really sure...... I guess it cant hurt as long as you dont get it on your brakes.... Im not sure if it would hurt your clearcoat or not.....

I'd imagine that Pam is a lot like Armor All (slick feeling), and parts that I put Armor All on get dusty very fast on gravel roads.

They also say not to put Armor All on paint, so I don't know...

Pam turns all sticky eventually. I use it as a quick fix for our foosball table and the bars get sooo gunked up with it that it's really hard to play, so we had to clean with WD-40 and use a good oil. Spray starch is super slick too, anyone ever get it on a linoleum floor? It's a death trap. (But fun if you're bored, like a skating rink)

Back