When will there be a new release of Sync 2 software | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

When will there be a new release of Sync 2 software

dmuscat

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer LTD
To the IVT team: Will there be a newer version (other than 3.8) for Sync 2 MFT coming soon? (anything to help support latest Cell Phone tech or increase the size of USB stick/format types to allow for larger size USB capabilities?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is rumor v3.10 is/will be available at your dealer.

There is rumor v3.10 is/will be available at your dealer.

My wife's 2015 Sport was recently at the dealer for a warranty repair and I asked to make sure Sync was up to date. Her Sync was updated to v3.10. This was done 12-1-16

Any noticeable differences?

Not that I can tell. She spends much more time in it than I do and isn't tuned into that kind of stuff. Having said that all we/she uses Sync for is to pair her phone and use my un-paired phone for music via USB. I don't drive it enough to retain the various voice commands and so forth. Every time I try a voice command I get treated like an idiot by the system. I'm an old fart and would rather have buttons than a touch screen to control functions better controlled by buttons.

Peter's question got me to look into FMT/Sync 2 more than
I have previously. We had a three hour road trip yesterday and for the first time we've noticed there was a little enveope icon in the phone quadrant. I guess this means you have a text message. My wife got a couple of texts that showed up on the screen with a button labeled "listen" or ignore. Pushing the listen button had the system read the text to you. There doesn't appear to be a way to dictate a response that we could figure out while running down the interstate.

What's interesting is this apparently has been available in older versions of Sync but just starting working in our system. I determined we have the latest version by logging into the Ford Owners site and going to the Sync section where it states our Sync "is up to date with v3.10." My wife has an iPhone 7 paired to the system.

Peter's question got me to look into FMT/Sync 2 more than
I have previously. We had a three hour road trip yesterday and for the first time we've noticed there was a little enveope icon in the phone quadrant. I guess this means you have a text message. My wife got a couple of texts that showed up on the screen with a button labeled "listen" or ignore. Pushing the listen button had the system read the text to you. There doesn't appear to be a way to dictate a response that we could figure out while running down the interstate.

What's interesting is this apparently has been available in older versions of Sync but just starting working in our system. I determined we have the latest version by logging into the Ford Owners site and going to the Sync section where it states our Sync "is up to date with v3.10." My wife has an iPhone 7 paired to the system.

This functionality has always been there. When you pair an iPhone you have to go into the Bluetooth settings on the iPhone and turn on show notifications.

Not to sound like a Debbie Downer, but I don't see Ford supporting Sync2 anymore now that it is fairly stable and Sync3 is the new tech.

This functionality has always been there. When you pair an iPhone you have to go into the Bluetooth settings on the iPhone and turn on show notifications.

Thanks for that. Kind of shows our poor mastery of FMT. As it turns out my wife was having trouble getting text message alerts on her phone and may well have changed some settings trying to fix that issue. It WAS new to us however...

Sync 2/MFT will continue to be supported as the IVT reps have mentioned several times. This is evident with the current new V3.10.

Peter

Not that I can tell. She spends much more time in it than I do and isn't tuned into that kind of stuff. Having said that all we/she uses Sync for is to pair her phone and use my un-paired phone for music via USB. I don't drive it enough to retain the various voice commands and so forth. Every time I try a voice command I get treated like an idiot by the system. I'm an old fart and would rather have buttons than a touch screen to control functions better controlled by buttons.

If you go the link posted by the FordIVTeam, https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html,

-Sign in
-And the next page with the header "Keep Your SYNC Software Up To Date", off to the right you see a line that says "Full SYNC History"
-If you click that, the next page will show "SYNC Sofware Update History".
-Find your current SYNC version, and click "Show details". This should reveal details about the v3.10. Perhaps you can look and see if theres anything notable to share with us?

If you go the link posted by the FordIVTeam, https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html,

-Sign in
-And the next page with the header "Keep Your SYNC Software Up To Date", off to the right you see a line that says "Full SYNC History"
-If you click that, the next page will show "SYNC Sofware Update History".
-Find your current SYNC version, and click "Show details". This should reveal details about the v3.10. Perhaps you can look and see if theres anything notable to share with us?

cut and paste.... for v3.10

EA5T-14D544-BA
ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch® systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional changes to accommodate new and updated customer devices, such such as:

• Hazard switch illuminates on Focus / Escape with ignition off and park lamps on
  • Next Track / Previous Track controls from SYNC touchscreen
  • SYNC Maintaining Repeat / Shuffle settings that were set on the device side
  • Compatibility updates for the latest phone and media devices
The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete.

Be sure to keep your engine running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC® system.

If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.)

Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid shutting off the engine. The next time you start your vehicle, the AEIS will automatically reset to "On."

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC® will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal. Once your system has been successfully updated, SYNC® will display a notification stating "Installation complete."

cut and paste.... for v3.10

GREAT!!!
Thanks ECinEI...
Finally some solid info about v3.10!
Hopefully my dealership will have this version available and can get this installed!

EA5T-14D544-BA
ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch® systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional changes to accommodate new and updated customer devices, such such as:

• Hazard switch illuminates on Focus / Escape with ignition off and park lamps on
  • Next Track / Previous Track controls from SYNC touchscreen
  • SYNC Maintaining Repeat / Shuffle settings that were set on the device side
  • Compatibility updates for the latest phone and media devices
The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete.

Be sure to keep your engine running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC® system.

If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.)

Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid shutting off the engine. The next time you start your vehicle, the AEIS will automatically reset to "On."

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC® will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal. Once your system has been successfully updated, SYNC® will display a notification stating "Installation complete."

Sync 2/MFT will continue to be supported as the IVT reps have mentioned several times. This is evident with the current new V3.10.

Peter

Ford's Website would beg to differ.

Your SYNC is up-to-date!
Now, you're running the fastest, simplest and best version of SYNC

Date Confirmed: Aug 31, 2013
Version: SYNC2 v3.6
Show details

Your SYNC is up-to-date!

Show details
There are at least 2 versions beyond that.

Your SYNC is up-to-date!

Show details
There is a difference between supporting the software and what the website actually shows. That is not new. I was told by the website that my software version was up-to-date a couple years ago when in fact there was a new version out. Unfortunately you can't always depend on the website information and it has really nothing to do with whether or not MFT Sync 2 is being supported.

Peter

I did not have 3.10. I have version 3.08 on my '16 Explorer Sport that I got 12/31. I's the best option to contact my dealer for the update?

I did not have 3.10. I have version 3.08 on my '16 Explorer Sport that I got 12/31. I's the best option to contact my dealer for the update?
From what one member posted, there seems to be little that has changed from 3.8. If you are not having any issues I don't think there is a reason to rush out and get 3.10.
It might be available for downloading from the Syncmyride site in the near future. Having said that, there is nothing to prevent you from asking the dealer to install it.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. Do you know if there are any legitimate upgrades from Sync 2 to Sync 3?

Back