Where are all the Virginia Explorers?? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where are all the Virginia Explorers??

dmasini said:
Funny, next time your in the area we should meet up and do some wheeling dude. Brea, same with you! :exporange
Definately man, maybe Thanksgiving or something. (My first break)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hokie said:
damn, thats expensive as ****

Not around here dude... :rolleyes:

Funny, keep us up to date when you'll be back in Nov.

Im up for anything, whether its hooters, Wing King (or what ever its called), i am definately in. I love g2g's.

:thumbsup:

dmasini said:
Not around here dude... :rolleyes:

Yeah, we went out in Georgetown the night before the USC game.. my Lord that put a hurtin' on my wallet. I miss Bladderbusters in Charleston, SC. You pay a $4 cover, and its gratis all you can drink light beers until the first person in the bar goes to the bathroom. Then its $1 bud lights after that.

Josh said:
Steve,
What is the name of the place in Grozet? Do you know how to contact them? Paragon and Roush creek are so far away. I want to go some place that requires a little thought, not just mud boggin.

Josh, dont know the name, a couple who belong to OCC run it. Ill check on the contact info. They are just starting up, reservations only I believe. I was going to go down last week, but family plans got in the way. It is on my list of places to go.
Im heading up to Rausch creek this weekend with OCC- just for the day, but tons of guys go up friday and leave sunday. So the longer drive isnt too bad, actually i think someone from VA beach is heading up. FWIW. Im told its 2+hours from my house, and 2 1/2+ hours from DC beltway.

Brea said:
Im up for anything, whether its hooters, Wing King (or what ever its called), i am definately in. I love g2g's.

Cool. Anyone else in the area wanna try to do a get together sometime in November?

Hokie: Their used to be a place across from George Mason U. called Fat Tuesday's that did something similar. Only on Thursday's though. I think they still have dollar bottles until 7 though. Which is rare to come by around here...

Hey for all y'all who live around hampton roads area, i used to be a member of an off road chapter there, and there is some really cool people, and some not so cool, but either way, a lot of pep's to go Mud guppin with and such. its at offroadworld.net and go to the virginia chapter. its pretty cool, and they know a few areas down there to tear up the mud. I heard they opened the amphetheater up again so that could be cool.

so we are gonna do a trip in Nov. out to go have fun right? it would sooo kick a55.

What do youi mean they opened the VBAT back up? Are you refering to the trails near it? I live right by it but the few times I've seen people out there, they were getting tickets.

Josh said:
What do youi mean they opened the VBAT back up? Are you refering to the trails near it? I live right by it but the few times I've seen people out there, they were getting tickets.

Josh, I heard it was not blocked off any longer, and that you could get into there with your trucks, now it is probably still not so legal, as it was before you got tickets, but it was accessable again.

Have you checked out the old haunted forest on military and battlefield? its right off of battlefield, right after the tire merchants on the right (when going north) theres a drive way into it, kinda dangerous to drive into it in the middle of the day, but its cool. They also have the area off of shore drive open. I dont know exactly how to get to it, but i can find out.

Brea said:
, now it is probably still not so legal, as it was before you got tickets, but it was accessable again.
.............., kinda dangerous to drive into it in the middle of the day, but its cool. They also have the area off of shore drive open. I dont know exactly how to get to it, but i can find out.

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Do everyone a favor and stay to legal trails and discourage those who use the illegal ones. If you don't have permission to run it- dont. We (the 4x community) are loosing the battle against trail closures, riding where we shouldnt doesnt help.

So anybody interested in a run to the GWNF this fall? Perhaps the Harrisonburg contegent can scope the trails and let us know. Or even Shoe Creek.

Steve, any more information on Crozet?

unclemeat said:
Steve, any more information on Crozet?

Not yet, I do know OCC is headed there on the weekend of 10/2, I dont know the details yet but may try and go for one day depending on my sons soccer schedule. Ill try and get some info later this week.

I wanted to add, I was up to Rausch Creek this weekend, and it is a great place. Trails - green blue, black and red, so something for everyone. Not a day trip for you VA guys but would definitely be a good weekend trip.

SteveVB said:
:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Do everyone a favor and stay to legal trails and discourage those who use the illegal ones. If you don't have permission to run it- dont. We (the 4x community) are loosing the battle against trail closures, riding where we shouldnt doesnt help.

sorry, i didnt mean any harm. i wasnt thinking about promoting bad stuff, just thaught i would share some places i have been, sorry though.

Canal drive is your best bet for legal stuff. The owner has given every one a verbal okay, and the police know it, he just wont write the approval up for liability.

Sorry about the messup. :(

Brea said:
Josh, I heard it was not blocked off any longer, and that you could get into there with your trucks, now it is probably still not so legal, as it was before you got tickets, but it was accessable again.

Have you checked out the old haunted forest on military and battlefield? its right off of battlefield, right after the tire merchants on the right (when going north) theres a drive way into it, kinda dangerous to drive into it in the middle of the day, but its cool. They also have the area off of shore drive open. I dont know exactly how to get to it, but i can find out.

Well I have done the illegal thing in the past. I have also been in front of 2 judges in two different cities. I do not trasspass any more. I have seen the fuzz sitting at the end of a trail across from the VA Beach sports complex near the VBAT waiting for people to come out. Yea it sucks having to drive 4 hours or more to go wheelin but it beats a class 1 mistermener which was max fine of 1000 and 1 year in jail. One of the judges said if he ever saw me again I was going to jail. That was enough for me.

Brea said:
sorry, i didnt mean any harm. i wasnt thinking about promoting bad stuff, just thaught i would share some places i have been, sorry though.

Canal drive is your best bet for legal stuff. The owner has given every one a verbal okay, and the police know it, he just wont write the approval up for liability.

Sorry about the messup. :(
Who owns that property? I used to go back there a long time ago but stopped because if you were seen by the oil workers they would call the police.

Carl something (dont remember his last name) He owns the ice cream shop at the top of canal, (if you get on canal from military and go north for about 1/2 mile, you either have to turn left or right, and the shop is on the left far corner). anyways, he is very nice and has helped me out a bunch when i would get stuck there, he has a tractor and lots of tow ropes hahaha. Any ways, he told us that we are free to go back and tear up the mud, but just dont ruin the main dirt road in and the dock area by the canal. And Police have showed up plenty of times, and they dont like us back there cause some stupid people go off by the powerlines (which is a BIG fine) but as for the main area, they cant do a damn thing and they know it cause Carl has told them. And he is out there a lot, he drives a huge red F350 Duelly, he sits by the canal a lot, and watches us get stuck for amusement i guess.

Are you talking right there were canal meets GW highway? Is it a big area? Or just a couple of mud holes?

Where his ice cream shop is yes, sorry i forgot the name of that road but it is GWHwy. Any who, Where canal is located, if you take a right on to canal from military (or left depending dir.) the first right which is BroadMoore, head down it and stay to the right cause it splits and follow it back till you see a dirt road on the right (if you go straight you wll head to the powerlines). and its right there. And it is a pretty big area. There is car pieces in the deep holes so feel it all out with a stick prior to going thru, I split my tire on several mufflers there, but most everyone who goes there is good about if they see stuff they pick it up and throw it into the forest. It can get pretty dry, but when its wet its hella fun. And especially the little circle on the right side of the field, its real deep back there and fun, Got an H2 stuck there and no one could pull it out. hahah.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeahhhhhhhhhh, about time I found some fellow Va xplorers around here! I know of 2 fellas in the fredericksburg area that are up for a meet and greet, I was wanting to try to get a day to roll to the beach if it ever cleared up! Glad to see quite a few of you all are trying to get something going!

Back