Where can I buy body molding clips/fasteners? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can I buy body molding clips/fasteners?

f2racer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
While attempting to back out of a parking spot, my wife hit a divider knocking the plastic/nylon molding on the lower front passenger door off. This wound up messing up all but two of the clips/fasteners that attach the molding (out of the six or so I believe) to the door. I called a local Ford dealer who said they don't sell the clips/fasteners separately from the molding. I'd rather not spend the $250 or so for the molding right now. Does anybody know where I can buy just the clips/fasteners?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know where you are, but you might try Carquest...

As with the poster, the Ford dealers here will not sell the clips alone. They want you to buy the entire part.

try a junkyard

Are these the ones?

Green and dirty, but hard to find... I may have a few here and there.

Attachments

• IMGA0140.JPG
    IMGA0140.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 2,447
  • IMGA0141.JPG
    IMGA0141.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 2,395

Donner, the clips are white and the part that connects to the molding is quite a bit smaller. Is there any way to attach an image to this thread?

check this one out, i was looking for something elese when i found it.
N20381 Weatherstrip Retainer - Ford Explorer
Just bought some other ones for my jeep, great site.
Good Service too

I sent Northland Fasteners email and they confirmed that this was the part so I ordered 2 bags (3 in each bag). I'll let you all know how they work when I get them...

Sweet! Is the original panel damaged?

Original panel has some scratches, but nothing you'd notice from more than 20 feet away. I'm actually replacing the rear coil springs and struts this weekend due to broken springs (both of the back). Figure I've gotta do that for safety, my wife taxis the kids to their activities with the Explorer. I have no plans on replacing the panel since it's only cosmetic and I doubt getting a new one would increase the value of the Explorer at all.

Please order from them... That will provide a resource if you are successful.

Sorry I didn't let everyone know sooner, the ones I ordered from Northland Fasteners worked great. They have changed their domain name, you can now find them here.

Are these still available?

Green and dirty, but hard to find... I may have a few here and there.

I could use these green molding clips, one exactly. Do you still have a few?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
D. Highland
Colorado

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back