Where can I find a cover/cap for 3-pring plug on block heater cord ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

  • Register Today It's free!

Where can I find a cover/cap for 3-pring plug on block heater cord ?


Well-Known Member
February 3, 2004
Reaction score
City, State
Rochester, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLT
The factory 3-prong plug cover that is tethered to my block heater cord, is on its last days. The plastic tether broke and I'm not counting on the Gorilla tape repair job lasting forever.

I've checked auto parts stores, farm supply stores, home improvement stores, googled, etc, and I cant find anyone who sells such a cover. I would think something like that would come in handy for many tools/devices. Any idea where I can find the MALE cover.

And while we're at it, any idea where I can find a FEMALE cover for my extension cord that I used to plug in the Explorer ?


Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Purchase a cheap extension cord, cut the ends off, and voila... two covers.:dunno:

BTW, on the hot cord you will obviously want to remove the conductors completely, or at the least isolate and insulate them.

Yeah, I thought of that ............. our just purchase the ends themselves, like for a repair job - easier to ensure no wires contact.

The problem I have with either approach is the lack of a 'tether' solution.

Thanks exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. Apparently no longer available at NAPA or Amazon, that I can tell.

They don't stock them but go into your local store and ask to order them with that KAT part #. They took about a week to get but they should be able to special order them..