Where can I find a discontinued fuel pressure regulator? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can I find a discontinued fuel pressure regulator?

thedude651

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explr xlt SOHC vin E
Hello there! I have a 98 explorer xlt with the 4.0 sohc vin E. The fuel pressure regulator and steel braided hose are a complete unit. The dealership wanted over $600 when it was still in production. The original part has been discontinued and I've been unsuccesful in locating a replacement. Any suggestions or ideas would be extremely helpful.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I better hang on to that one I have floating around here somewhere.

I have a 98 sitting in my drive with bad chains. Started ridding it of some parts the other day. I can check if your interested in used parts. Truck ran fine until the pistons and values decided to shack hands.

Oh man, sorry to hear about the chain situation. Yea, i would definately be interested in a used part.

Have you tried Tasca Ford Parts?

1-800-598-1484

Have your VIN number when you call.

you can check Ebay too :)

Sorry I've been busy will check mine in the morning. Not sure how to sell it to you I'm not set up for non personal sells yet. Where are you located I'm in Georgia. I saw your other post so I know you are serious about needing it.

Junkyards. These trucks are at the age now that they're all over junkyards, it shouldn't be too hard to find one. On top of the fact that they made millions of them.

Back