• Register Today It's free!

Where can i find....?

Mcane6

Reaction score
City, State
Carrollton, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 sport 4x4
Well some of u know that i recently purchased Hydroxy's set-up ( crazy fiberglass box, 6-Mtx 6000 10" & JBL 1200.1). well last weekend i finally got everything in box ,subs, amp ,new head unit and all wired up. I only have 4 subs running due to not having the 7th sub to complete the whole set (it should arrive soon though, just ordered it).

???? is where can i find another JBL 1200.1? BC i want another one to push the other 3 subs, but i cant find anywhere that has one besides Ebay. Along with another amp i will need a Cap. prob a 3 or 5 Farad and a new atl. where would be a good palce to look for these ( Brands, price, atl. size)

any input will be helpful.
Thanks, Anthony.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The JBL amp is readily available damn near anywhere. Ebay for one... about $200.
I personally like these amps more. Crown Audio designed the guts... (For those who don't know who Crown is, they make amps for concert soundstages)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=5752501616&rd=1

Or Circuit City/Best Buy/Ultimate Electronics might carry them.

Alternators i had a local shop build mine, 130 Amp at idle for $106. I've seen alot of people use mralternator.com with few complaints. And they powder coat. :)

The caps are available anywhere, but i'd consider buying another battery as well with that much power. Optima YellowTop or explore a "BatCap" option.

What engine do you have? If it's the SOHC engine, then I may know where a brand new 200 amp alternator is that is perfect for you set up. PM me if it is. It's from MrAlternator too. Powdercoated red.

goobenet
ive checked ebay and thats prob were i will end buying from.
i know i can find a cap anywhere but is there a brand that is just better than the rest or does it really matter when it comes to caps

BBQ hotdogs
its a '96 sport V6 i think its the SOHC but not sure. How eactly would i tell( im not a engine guy :) )
Would it be the one from ur '98 X.
Sorry to hear bout it. it was one of the best lookin street X ive seen.

Easy way to tell: Is it fast or slow? haha. Look under the hood and see if the engine has some sort of plastic cover of the intake manifold. If it does, so if it says OHV or SOHC.

the only thing under the hood i saw was "4.0 EFI"
How fast is fast?? :)

Caps come in a variety of flavors. True Batcaps are worth their weight in gold. Equivalent to 300Farad cap. But if you only need a few, i'd get a few .5-1.0 farad caps per amp, string them in series. Far be it from me to recomend audiobahn but they do have the cheapest priced caps, and it's the same thing DEI sells. (same company makes them)

The rule to caps is more smaller ones in series is better than 2 large ones. The smaller they are, the faster they can recharge, the better the sound. Get a single 5 Farad cap and it could take upto 10 seconds to charge fully, thus defeating the point. (the exception is the batcap, they're in series already, thus proving this theory)

goobenet said:
The rule to caps is more smaller ones in series is better than 2 large ones. The smaller they are, the faster they can recharge, the better the sound. Get a single 5 Farad cap and it could take upto 10 seconds to charge fully, thus defeating the point. (the exception is the batcap, they're in series already, thus proving this theory)

so batcap is the way to go? im just asking because some time in the next few months i will be upgrading to Two BPX2200.1's and One PX300.4

i was thining of going Two 1 farad caps (one per 2200.1), and probably using my other 3farad (or was it 5) for the 300.4 (or maybe no cap for the 300.4)

or if batcap is the way to go i think ill just get that and hide it

Mcane6 said:
the only thing under the hood i saw was "4.0 EFI"
How fast is fast??

A) It would say 4.0 SOHC

Mcane6 said:
its a '96 sport V6 i think its the SOHC but not sure. How eactly would i tell( im not a engine guy :) )

B) They didn't offer the SOHC until '97

Glad to see all of pat's stuff worked out for ya :thumbsup:

So i guess its the OHV
Two audiobahn 1.0 farad (one on each amp) should be good and a new alt.

Hokie said:
Glad to see all of pat's stuff worked out for ya :thumbsup:

yeah i only have three 10" hooked up right now but they sound real good. Almost as good as my two 12" i had. The seventh and finally sub is in the mail. Just got it off ebay last night for $30 shipped. Ill prob be taking it all back out this weekend to get sanded and painted though.

Your setup sounds fine. New alt and adding caps will take the strain off the alt. 1 farad per amp is a good start, when you build (if you build) an amp rack, leave room to add more caps in series. If you move to bigger amps, the additional caps will definately help out.

Batcaps are... well, heh. http://www.caraudiosubwoofers.com/c...static&qproduct=BATCAP300&qcategory=Car+Audio
It's more designed for extremely high end systems that draw ****tons of power.

Hokie
Well i know it will be harded gettin it out than in prob but once it is out a friend is going to do the sanding and painting for me. He owns a shop and he is going to do it for free so way pass it up on a job like this.

Goobenet
The Batcap just kinda sounds to good to be true. All that power in a small object like that and such a small price as well. Would it be over kill for my setup?

Well i finally got the 7th sub in the mail yesterday and put in. After hooking everything back up and blairing the system for a minute i will definitly need another amp and new alt. So they prob will get added next weekend when the box goes back in.

Mcane6 said:
Well some of u know that i recently purchased Hydroxy's set-up ( crazy fiberglass box, 6-Mtx 6000 10" & JBL 1200.1). well last weekend i finally got everything in box ,subs, amp ,new head unit and all wired up. I only have 4 subs running due to not having the 7th sub to complete the whole set (it should arrive soon though, just ordered it).

???? is where can i find another JBL 1200.1? BC i want another one to push the other 3 subs, but i cant find anywhere that has one besides Ebay. Along with another amp i will need a Cap. prob a 3 or 5 Farad and a new atl. where would be a good palce to look for these ( Brands, price, atl. size)

any input will be helpful.
Thanks, Anthony.

Don't waste you money on just a capacitor...

Buy a "BatCap"

# XSTATIC® BATCAP® Model 800
# Equal To 800 Farad Capacitor
# 800 Cold Cranking Amps
# Powerful Enough To Crank An Automobile
# Battery W/Discharge Rate Of A Capacitor
# Dimensions: 7"W x 3"D x 6-1/2"H
# Only 10 Pounds!
# Easy Hookup - Connect In Parallel To Car Amp
# Works With Existing Caps
# No Memory Effect - Always Same Capacity
# Cool Operation
# Maintenance Free Sealed Case
# Mount In Any Orientation

These are awesome... and powerful too.

hey i just read your post about needing another jbl 1200.1, i'm still using mine as of today, i've had it for about a year, but my viper 2500 should be here tuesday and i was looking to sell my jbl if your interested how about 195+shipping, sorry didnt wanna hijack your thread

yeah i have been lookin at the batcap 400 and prob end up going with the batcap mdel # unsure right now though

98audiobahnex
im interested but it prob will be a while (couple months) before i can buy it bc i have to get other stuff before i purchase the next amp. The batcap will come first, then prob the amp.

Back