Where can I get 8 awg hardware?

Byrd91

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Penobscot, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
I am wondering if anyone knows a good (cheap) place to get 8 awg hardware. In particular I need a fuse holder and ring and spade terminals. I'm up grading my amp power wire. The fuse hold only needs to be for a 30 watt fuse, preferably automotive type. Thanks a lot.

You should be able to get most of those individual pieces at any place that sells car audio hardware. I don't know if you have a Fry's Electronics or Best Buy around you, but even Circuit City will sell that stuff. I believe that Spade Terminals are like 1 or 2 bucks for the pair as are Ring terminals. Fuse Holders might be a little more. Just make sure you get the waterproof ones. It's the cylinder style one. You could even get some of the terminals at Radio Shack, like the ring ones where you ground and connect to the battery. At this level, it's not totally mandatory to get gold if you don't want. It's mostly used just because it has a bit of a higher tolerance to road conditions, and gold is a tiny bit more malleable, so theoretically, it'd offer a slightly better connection. But when just connecting to the battery, I think it's splitting hairs for most people. If you still can't find a fuseholder that fits your budget, let me know.

Jon

gettin the 8 ga

just go to your local stereo shop. they have it all in bulk on spools. they can just peel you off a piece and they will also have some recommendations or hints. start a relationship with them, start sending them business and youll see how they will be dying to give you stuff for free.

Back