where can I get a chip for my 93 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where can I get a chip for my 93 explorer

bnichols04

Reaction score
City, State
ypsilanti, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ranger XLT
I have herd that a chip will increase hp on my explorer. I looked everywhere and I cannot find a chip or something that will go onto the 93's. All of the ones that I have looked at requires a diagnostic port. 95 and newer only have a diagnostic port. Can you help me find a peformance chip??? :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anything cheper? $300 is a lot of money for just a little power gain.

its the best chip out there, and its customized. You can get a JET chip, but they'er only like $50 cheaper and aren't configured to your vehicle like the Apten is, plus with the Apten, you can get it reflashed as your keep doing power mods.

what is involved in installing a chip since i don't have a diagnostic port?

is plus in between your computer and your harness if I remember correctly, at least, that's what the JET chips do, I would assume the Aptens are the same.

Your PCM should be inside, behind the passenger side kick panel. There is a small plastic bracket holding it up.

Look for the part code on it.

I have a Jet chip I might be willing to sell if the codes match up. Mine is VET1 or something like that. I can double check it later.

It does provide decent performance gains. I switched to the Apten because I wanted multiple programs.

The Jet I have doesn't require permium gas but you get the biggest boost when you do.

you can PM me if you're interested.

Back