where can i get a new front grill? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where can i get a new front grill?

coolchris

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
hey guys, i got into a small accident and broke the factory grille. now that i need to replace it, instead of getting another chrome one i think it would be cool to get one thats painted to match the green body color, then get a billet grill to put on it. or it would be best if i could find it all in one piece like the billet grilles they sell at sporttrucking.com but i dont want it chrome like that i want it green. is there a place that sells em painted to match your body color or should i get one of those and try to have it painted to match?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

when you buy the grill from ford it comes painted.. about $150... you would also need the rings around the headlights....

but as far as i can remember they never offered a painted grill that color.... you would need to by the grill and then get paint matched and get the grill sprayed....

if you going to get it painted anyhow look for a good condition used one somewhere... ebay, car-parts.com, local junk yard.....

try ebay they are always on there. the end pieces for the headlighgts too.

i found the exact one i need i think, but it says its for a 97-01. will it fit my 96? i think it should....

it should.. they shoulda said 95-01

i have a grille for sale... that could easily be painted and i would gladly sell it for quite cheap.

i'd give you a great deal if you got it and a flamed billet insert for it at the same time.

heh eh doubt you could lucky as I did for Heath, found a grill from a limited explorer sitting in a pile ready to go to a junkyard. Got the grill for free, just needed a $15 part to make it look like new.

I'm looking for a relitively cheap one also. i had one of thoes ghetto billet grills where you do not cut anything, so i painted the gray part black. Now i don't want the ghetto billet and i need a normal one with the gray center.

Back