Where can I get a stock front sway bar bracket? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can I get a stock front sway bar bracket?

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 EB V8
I notice today my drivers side sway bar bracket. The one that holds the U busing is bend forward. It's bent because the metal has cracked right at the bolt hole.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I notice today my drivers side sway bar bracket. The one that holds the U busing is bend forward. It's bent because the metal has cracked right at the bolt hole.

Thanks

Bone yard for cheap $$$

Can I use another fitment? Like a ranger or later explorer? The 3 yards I called have nothing from a 1st gen explorer.

89-92 Ranger should work if it's the same size bar. Check the thickness of the bar and distance between bolt holes.

Energy Suspension may have bushings with brackets available at auto parts stores that will fit.

I've had zero luck locating this part. Anyone have a parts 1st gen I could get it from?

Four months later and no luck. I'm sure you know it's a discontinued part.
Any reason you don't want Energy Suspension replacement brackets?
Must admit, the OEM brackets seem to be much stronger. Good luck.

MF91068.gif

[ 23 ] FRONT SUSPENSION / FRONT SUSPENSION / STABILIZER BAR & COMPONENTS / Stabilizer bar clamp
stabilizer bar clamp 2WD Left

MSRP Core ? Online Price
$12.82 $0.00 $10.77
Part Discontinued

http://www.trademotion.com/parts/19...18&vehicleid=1119620&section=FRONT SUSPENSION

Energy Suspension doesn't sell the brackets any longer just the bushings.
I pm'd both guys with part out's

Energy Suspension never sold the brackets, at least not the ones for the tall stock bushings. Best bet is going to be part outs, or add another thread to the parts wanted forum.

I got a stock one coming...

Thanks

Glad you found one, took you long enough. LOL

Back