Where can I get a throttle body spacer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can I get a throttle body spacer?

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Worth, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer V8
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer V8 and I can't find a throttle body spacer. I know it's been done but I don't know where to get one. I prefer afe power.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is nothing to be gained from a spacer. Save your money for other things that can actually make a difference. :cool:

There is nothing to be gained from a spacer. Save your money for other things that can actually make a difference. :cool:

What he said, no gains just wastes. been down that road. Returned it and got my money back..

i agree been running mine for 2 years and havent seen a bit of difference excep that stupid ass whistling sound. Too lazy to remove it. Not hurting but deff not helping any. If you really want one ill sell you mine. :D

don't waste your money

Throttle body spacers are worthless for modern fuel injected engines - as are exhaust fan blower motors. The only good reason for using a throttle body spacer is to transition different diameters between the throttle body and the intake manifold. I made one when I replaced my stock throttle body with a 75 mm diameter racing throttle body.
INOPEN.JPG

I made it out of part of my wife's old kitchen cutting board.
Adapter.jpg

Fast thought, do the V8's have charge motion delete plates? I know the v8 mustangs do and those cost about 40-100 dollars on ebay. By changing those out and a slight tune afterwards it will make a significant difference.

I'll just save the money to buy me some 4th gen side mirrors.
01.jpg

Fast thought, do the V8's have charge motion delete plates? I know the v8 mustangs do and those cost about 40-100 dollars on ebay. By changing those out and a slight tune afterwards it will make a significant difference.

You are thinking of the 3V 4.6. So no, the 3rd gen V8's do not have charge motion plates.

Edit-Your other post answered my question;)

oh, well then that option is out the window. Just a thought though because a buddy was telling me about them.

Jet performance mass air sensor

do jet performance mass air sensor work?

do jet performance mass air sensor work?

Your current MAF sensor is not a restriction and it would be a waste of money.

I suggest just sticking with the basic power mods and you should be more than satisfied: CAI, throttle body/plenum, UDP's, exhaust and a tune. I had an efan and noticed a slight difference in power(better) but it wasn't worth the risk of it not functioning and it had trouble in the hot weather we have in KS.

The best gain I got was a tune from Hensonperformance.com. I also removed the 3rd cat, had a 2.5" single pipe run through a FM70. With those two mods and full weight(minus spare tire) I ran a 15.421 in the 1/4(exhaust only was 15.9).

PM Zerodevil because he has done a lot of basic bolt-ons and stayed NA. If you want to get into forced induction, I can point you to the right people.

Headers, tune, Cai, exhaust will really wake her up. I'm doing a trick flow head and high rise cams this Oct. Vid to follow. I've done it all with bolt on bud, ask away!!

Oh nice truck by the way! I'm really digging the white and black two tone! 4th gen mirorors really make these rigs stand out!

Headers, tune, Cai, exhaust will really wake her up. I'm doing a trick flow head and high rise cams this Oct. Vid to follow. I've done it all with bolt on bud, ask away!!

so far I only have a cai on it, what should I do next? thank you, Its lookin just like I wanted it to look. I ordered some black led tail lights. I should have them next week. I'll post pics.

I'd say what are your plans for the truck?? DD?? Tow rig?? Race car?? Show truck?? Mudder?? Depending on what you wanna do with it would really change what "should" be done.

I'd say what are your plans for the truck?? DD?? Tow rig?? Race car?? Show truck?? Mudder?? Depending on what you wanna do with it would really change what "should" be done.

I just want more power. I only use it for the weekends really, sometime drive it to work.

under drive crank pulley, underdrive water pump pulley, e-fan conversion, and a tuner and youll have all the power you need for an explorer

so far I only have a cai on it, what should I do next?

Exhaust then a tune from James Henson.

Heaps of exhaust info on this forum but essentially look at removing the 3rd cat (pipe before the cat 2.5", it reduces to 2.25" after the cat) and running 2.5 all the way. Get whatever muffler but here I'd recommend avoiding the baffled type (flowmaster) and get something that flows 'straight through'.
Dont forget to check your local emissions laws though.

If you want to go all out with headers and coils, then get your tune done after these, unless you dont mind paying again to have your tunes updated. Just keep in mind that the tune should be done if the mod affects combustion. (ie intake/exhaust/headers/coils).

efan and pullies dont need to be re-tuned for as their affect happens after the power is made.

Magnaflow catback and a tune from henson. Then headers. Skip the pullys and e fans. If you still want more get some cams or trick flow heads.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Magnaflow catback and a tune from henson. Then headers. Skip the pullys and e fans. If you still want more get some cams or trick flow heads.

Sure about skipping pullies and fan? I finally did a highway only test and my pullies and efan have netted me 2.15MPG :)

And why get headers after a tune? As per my post above, headers would require retuning..yes? :scratch: I guess that's ok if you have the means.

Back