Where can I get one of these fasteners? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can I get one of these fasteners?

edwx

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
Here's a couple of pictures. One shows the fastener, and the other shows the bare stud. They just push on to the stud. They fasten the panels underneath the truck

20230719_135527.jpg

20230719_135437.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have never seen one of those before. Have you tried your dealer's parts department?

Peter

I would start looking on here: https://www.oemford.parts/v-2020-ford-explorer--limited--2-3l-l4-gas/body--under-cover-and-splash-shields

searched around a little for it, but hadn't come on it yet. I'm just elevated enough to want to look through all the pages to help, but also just tired enough to give up quick, haha
A good place to look but a bad (expensive) place to buy.
This is a much better place and you get a discount from them as a forum member. Genuine Ford Parts Dealer Online | Levittown Ford Parts
For a small item like the one pictured, your dealer should be the first visit IMO.

Peter

A good place to look but a bad (expensive) place to buy.
This is a much better place and you get a discount from them as a forum member. Genuine Ford Parts Dealer Online | Levittown Ford Parts
For a small item like the one pictured, your dealer should be the first visit IMO.

Peter
💯, I only use that site to research and find the part. I like the exploded view whenever I'm looking for things. Levittown has been my go to for actually buying things. I'm in KY and that group gets my parts quicker, and usually cheaper, than the dealership I purchased from.

i have seen where people replaced those with a M6 nut and fender washer. Seems to be a common cause of a rattle from the underside of the vehicle.

Absolutely do not replace those undershield fasterners with the same part!!! It's been responsible for all the ticking, flapping, tapping noises people have on the highway. They will inevitably fail. Use a fender washer and M6 nut in stainless steel. Replace all of them under the car... I think 8 of them?

I was missing one & only noticed because I saw that the undertray was sagging.
Coincidentally, a server rack nut was the right size & being in IT, we had a ton. Zipped one on there & it's working great. And was free.

Thanks for all the replies. Happy to see the forum is active. The M6 nut and fender washer fix sounds promising. Thanks again.

Awesome, I'm also in IT, can you post for everyone's benefit the actual thing you used?
I never go to server rooms anymore, those days are gone. All of our department's servers are VMs (several thousand!), and another team handles the clusters.

Awesome, I'm also in IT, can you post for everyone's benefit the actual thing you used?
I never go to server rooms anymore, those days are gone. All of our department's servers are VMs (several thousand!), and another team handles the clusters.
Similar to this, it's the M6 nut used for racking a server to the rack. These snap into the rack
517401.jpg

Man ,I am glad I read this. I've been having that rattling on the highway.. sounded like it was in the B pillar or rear passenger door. Checked under each today and was missing 2, the panel was flopping around.

Went out and got the fender washers and m6 nuts.. all tight and finally quiet on the highway.

Back