Where Did you order your body lift???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where Did you order your body lift????

B-MAN

Reaction score
City, State
Chico,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 EB
I was just wondering where some of you guys got your body lifts from?? Online, 4x4 shop or catalog. If I could just get some website names or something that would help.
And for those who have the 3" how much did that run you and was it much more work fixing the bumpers and radiator. Also is it true that if you move the bumper up you cant tow with it?? It makes sense that you wouldnt be able to but I'm not sure. Any help would be great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got my body lift at a sports store. A dollar a puck. Not that its going to help you at all since your looking at a 3" lift.

I got my 3" kit from Offroad Warehouse for about $130 including shipping. They are at www.offroadwarehouse.com. The kit included the necessary hardware to lower the radiator and it went pretty smoothly (except for the quick trip to the emergency room to get Hector's lip stitched back together. Lifting the rear bumper was easy, and yes the instructions say to not tow with the bumper after it is lifted. It wasn't a concern of mine since I have a hitch anyway. Depending on what year yours is may determine how difficult the front is to lift. For a '95-'00 you can use the brackets from the '98-'00 Ranger kit. It will take some cutting and strategically placed washers to get your front bumper level. It's not too bad though.

jcwhitney and summit catalogues both carry PA lifts at the same price as offroad wharehouse. discount auto can order for you as well as pep boys.

thanx that really helps me out a lot. I am now just waiting for a little mor money to buy black rims and 32's or 33's. I might do the shackle and coil spacer thing on top of the 3" body. Thanxs again it really helps me out.

Back