Where do I tap into power for power seats | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where do I tap into power for power seats

bmonahan

Reaction score
City, State
Marysville, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
I have installed 2000 Mountaineer powered seats in my '94. I see that in my engine compartment I have a fuse box and a slot for power seats. I put the fuse in for the power seats.

Now I need help in finding where/how I tap into this line to run the power inside to the seats. Does the output of this fuse run thru the firewall into the truck? Where would be the best way to tap into this power? I am pretty sure the output from the fuse box for power seats is a green wire but cant seem to find it in the bundle of wires going thru the firewall. I already have a good ground connection for this.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just find a wire that's hot all the time. There's not a special wire you need to tap into.

I thought the power draw was pretty big to run the seats. So my thinking was that it needed to be a dedicated wire. Your saying it doesn't need to be dedicated to just the seats?

If you could find that wire it would be optimal, but I'm not sure which one it is. You could run a fused lead to the battery if you're worried about the power draw.

If the truck has a fuse for power seats, but didn't have the powered seats put in at the factory, how long would the wire run be from the fuse box (if at all)? It would seem that they would run it to at least the firewall.

look under the seats and carpet, there is probably a wiring harness already there

I don't have power seats, and have some harness under the driver's seat. I have NO idea what it is.

I would run a dedicated hot wire to the battery(fused of course) if you do not have the harness already there.

Back