where does this connector go? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where does this connector go?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am only able to see one pic and it is kind of dark. With that said are you sure it's a wire ansnot a vacuum line. If you look at post #19 by Tylors02, first pic middle to bottom right corner he has a line similar to what i think yours looks like. It is a black vacuum line (i think) and it hooks onto the silver fuel rail. Any chance thats it? That connection looks to be right under his throttle body.

Actually looking again at his pic that could be an electrical connection. But still a good chance its what your looking for. Check that fuel rail area real good.

On the rear of the fuel rail? I'll have to look tomorrow.

Actually looking again at his pic that could be an electrical connection. But still a good chance its what your looking for. Check that fuel rail area real good.

I labeled it "rear throttle body", but it barely even reaches the throttle body so maybe it is the fuel rail.

20161018_161942_zpsbsugbynn.jpg

Thank you for highlighting it. Crappy picture only my forward facing camera works. It is literally right at the throttle body and I assume you keep referring to rear of throttle body as the side closest to firewall. That's exactly what you described and the only thing in that area that looks like what you are describing. It's a short wire (sending unit) and it comes out of the coil pack/fuel injector loom. Hooks up where coil pack closest to firewall is but on opposite side of fuel rail next to the throttle body

Fast forward to about 11:20 you can clearly see connector im talking about and if that's not it watch the whole video.

It's not this guy is it? Only thing I could find near throttle body on the firewall side. Mine is an 04 though so drive by wire

Actually, looking at your picture closer I think it's that little wire & boor on the bolt/stud holding the back corner of the fuel rail down (fuel rail ground?).

20161018_161942_zps3wgmjatb.jpg

20161018_161933_zpso6ciegbx.jpg

I don't know if my other post posted, but I think that's it on the stud that holds the fuel rail down(fuel rail ground?). That's on the passenger side of the truck, right?

Yes passenger side. Not too sure what it is but I believe its the fuel rail pressure sensor.

Here is a similar connector in same location but from an 02 4.6l drive by cable
p1120461303_zpswzt834sg.jpg
']
[/URL]

Yes but it's not the ground it's the fuel rail pressure vacuum sensor line (hose)

I'll check it out a little bit later today and let you know. That first pic you sent showed it on the fuel rail stud, the second picture shows it more on the clamp of the rear fuel line it looks like. The first pick might be more applicable to mine since I don't think I have a stud on that "clamp." Thanks again!

I'll check it out a little bit later today and let you know. That first pic you sent showed it on the fuel rail stud, the second picture shows it more on the clamp of the rear fuel line it looks like. The first pick might be more applicable to mine since I don't think I have a stud on that "clamp." Thanks again!

Actually I think Stick4503 posted the first pic. I didn't realize they had drive-by-wire in 02.

The first picture I posted is of my 04 4.6l drive by wire. The last picture was one I found online of an 02 drive by cable (same as yours ). Both are in same exact location. Stick edited my picture to make the connection and it's location more obvious for you.

The first picture I posted is of my 04 4.6l drive by wire. The last picture was one I found online of an 02 drive by cable (same as yours ). Both are in same exact location. Stick edited my picture to make the connection and it's location more obvious for you.

Thanks again. Like I said, I'll let you know later on today what I figured out. Like I said previously, I've gotta be sure I resolved my "open circuit(s)" on 2 fuel injectors and a "ignition coil A malfunction," but I tested all three yesterday and they seem to be fine. Maybe bad connection on the connectors, so I put some Dielectric grease on them and I'll see. I'm assuming that when they say ignition coil A they're referring to cylinder number 1.

The newest pic you posted does show The wire boot connected on what looks like a clamp on the fuel line, right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure what you mean by clamp. It's appears to be located on the stud, notice the nut under connection. Either way just check your damn fuel rail and report back. You either have that hose connected already and if not you have your answer. Let's at least rule out this connector it will take 5 seconds to check. Passenger side fuel rail right by throttle body but on the side of throttle body closest to firewall (what I believe you keep referring to as rear of throttle body )

Back