where does this plug go? [SOLVED: high pressure switch] | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

where does this plug go? [SOLVED: high pressure switch]

cogs

Reaction score
City, State
texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 sport 2wd
i think the 2 wire colors are yellow and green (kinda dirty). i think the loom goes to the dryer cannister plug, but not sure. i have no fog lamps or daytime lamps. i was working on the condenser and later noticed this unhooked. (everything except the compressor seems to work fine).

15y9en5.jpg
2ci8pk2.jpg
33m7ksz.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If im not mistaken that is the plug for the ac switch on the back of the compresser.

the only round two pin plugs i have on that side of the engine, run to the IAT, and the ABS pump. but i do not have the EGR system like you.

my compressor has a plug near the pulley, which is plugged in, and i bought a new hose for the back. the hose has 2 copper nuts in the metal, which i don't know what they're for. the plug i was asking about doesn't fit into either of those. i don't know what's under the copper nuts, lol.

both of the abs plugs are connected, and the intake air sensor is also connected. it's great that you're suggesting the circular plugs, but i still haven't found its home yet, lol.

it double posted, please continue

That goes to the high pressure switch, which is part of the hose.

The replacement hoses do NOT come with a new switch.

You need to salvage it from the old hose, if you still have it.

The new hose will have a plug threaded in where the pressure switch goes, near the high side service port.

remove that plug and screw in the switch. New o-ring will be required.

a connector on the big cylinder part of the hose, near the condenser, is what the switch screws onto.

Back