Where is Auxillary line in on 2012 Explorer XLT? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where is Auxillary line in on 2012 Explorer XLT?

bob22

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 honda
The book says it is in the center console. I've look everywhere but can't find it. Need to plug in ipod.

Thanks for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In front of the shifter there is a door that opens. Push on the badge that says "Sync" and it will open.

I've opened that door and there are:

2 usb ports
SD card slot
AV inputs

But I don't see the 1/8" auxillary input jack.

The book says - located in your center console.

Thanks

I've opened that door and there are:

2 usb ports
SD card slot
AV inputs

But I don't see the 1/8" auxillary input jack.

The book says - located in your center console.

Thanks

You are looking at the book for the 2013/2014.. the 2012 does not have an auxiliary jack, it has A/V inputs, you will need a Y cable (3.5mm -> Red/White Composite) to plug your iPod in... you may alternatively use your iPod USB charge/sync cable and the provided usb ports.

I am using the 2012 manual and it does say that there is an auxillary jack. Anyway I used the usb charger. Hadn't thought about that. Works great.

Thanks!

I am using the 2012 manual and it does say that there is an auxillary jack. Anyway I used the usb charger. Hadn't thought about that. Works great.

Thanks!

ahhhh.. you have MFT.. go down to the next page where it says "Media Hub". If you have a media hub then you have A/V instead of auxiliary

Thanks!
Hey Bob. Do you still have the 2005 Honda? I would recommend adding the 2012 XLT to your profile so members will be able to know what you have and provide the correct answers. ;)

Peter

The 2012 XLT is just a loaner. Had to order a 2014 Sport. Will do.

Back