• Register Today It's free!

Where is fordservice????

calcam

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
After taking my 2013 Explorer in to the dealer due to a severe and loud grinding noise from the steering. The steering actually stuck a couple times while driving. We are told the 2013 Explorer needs a brand new steering gear. And being that we are 4,000 miles out of warranty, we need to come up with nearly $2,000 for the replacement steering gear. Mom and pops cannot do this repair, it must be done by Ford. So I read the 51 page thread on steering recalls on this forum , we decided to contact [MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] through this forum. Well, they were very responsive at first so I took the vehicle back to the dealer as they requested. I gave them the dealer information and they said they would get someone involved. Well, that was one week ago today. No communication with the dealer or me. I send an email once a day and still no response. We've been loyal Ford customers for decades. That will most likely come to end here.

After taking my 2013 Explorer in to the dealer due to a severe and loud grinding noise from the steering. The steering actually stuck a couple times while driving. We are told the 2013 Explorer needs a brand new steering gear. And being that we are 4,000 miles out of warranty, we need to come up with nearly $2,000 for the replacement steering gear. Mom and pops cannot do this repair, it must be done by Ford. So I read the 51 page thread on steering recalls on this forum , we decided to contact [MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] through this forum. Well, they were very responsive at first so I took the vehicle back to the dealer as they requested. I gave them the dealer information and they said they would get someone involved. Well, that was one week ago today. No communication with the dealer or me. I send an email once a day and still no response. We've been loyal Ford customers for decades. That will most likely come to end here.
Have you checked out the link in the thread about the power steering issue? That is where this post should be.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3475772&postcount=1021
It will address the warranty part.
Also, please add the 'model' of your Ex to your profile so it shows in the margin. Thanks.

Peter

Ok, I added XLT. I'll copy this into the other thread.

Back