• Register Today It's free!

where is my Explorer?

Raniani

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I am supposed to get my Explorer on march 8. untill now i didn't recieve the it. the salesman told me that my car is in Kansas City assembly plant, but he doesn't know why it is there. anybody have an idea why would they take ut to there? Kansas City is on the way between where i live and Chicago.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am supposed to get my Explorer on march 8. untill now i didn't recieve the it. the salesman told me that my car is in Kansas City assembly plant, but he doesn't know why it is there. anybody have an idea why would they take ut to there? Kansas City is on the way between where i live and Chicago.
That is a good question. I'm not aware of any other assembly plant for the Explorer other than the one in Chicago. Perhaps it is a stop over point. Mine went by train from the Markham IL. rail yards (just outside of Chicago) to Brampton, Ontario. That is the location where they are then taken off the train cars and put on transport trucks to complete their journey. In my case that would be to just outside of Ottawa, Ontario.
BTW, welcome to the Forum. :wavey:

Probably at the KC rail yard. If it is on the way between you and Chicago, they are just mixing the rail cars during the transit. Remebmer, yours travels with hundreds of other's vehciles. When did you order?

My Ford Explorer was scheduled for delivery from Chicago on 2-21, 2-28 and 3-5 and it's still in Chicago...What's holding up delivery of vehicles from Chicago...It's been built for more than a month and still on the lot!

The salesman called me earlier today. He told me that the car is still in Chicago :( and then they will send it to Kansas City by rail. And from there they will send to my area by a truck. Last thing, delivery date is sometime next week. huh! I want to believe but I can’t!!

Raniani,

Sorry for the delayed response. Please send me your VIN and/or order number and dealer code. I will be happy to track your order and let you know what I see. Thank you for your patience.

Seni

Seni,

Can you track down the status of my truck? It was built in February, but still not shipped to the dealer. The VIN is 1FMHK8F81BGA30753

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

The delay definitely seems to be in the getting it shipped, not in the building of it, from what I am reading. Mine has been built for three weeks, but not even shipped yet!

Back