• Register Today It's free!

where is our explorer???

sid&geno

Reaction score
City, State
pittsburgh
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 4wd
ordered this thing on 12-30-10. Dealer told us in early feb we had a vin and were scheduled production for 2-21 with a ship date of 2-28...Patiently waiting trying not to bug the salesman, he told us monday it had a eta of march 6, but was stuck in a railyard in Chicago. I have read of a lot of delivery issues but I havent been able to find my window sticker with the links provided either. Starting to get concerned if we will ever see it or should I start scavenging lots....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

These horror story's about how long people are waitng i ordered mine 1/5/11 got it 2/21/11. I would go to another dealer that has a bigger alotment from ford. Dealers that has an history of not selling many dont get many and they yake longer to get explorers !

I ordered from the biggest dealer in Pittsburgh. He is telling me they have another persons ordered with mine and they are "LOST"...

Same thing happened to me. Ordered 12/31. Built 2/24. Still no locale or vehicle or anyone telling me anything. Still "awaiting shipping". Someone else is going to be very happy with this vehicle when it arrives/if it arrives. Last night I bought a 2011 Dodge Durango Crew Luxe for the same price I would have paid for the explorer. COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. Gorgeous car and interior. Like the exterior better too. Very sleek. I started to regret and feel bad about my Explorer purchase when no one seemed to care about my particular vehicle and where it was. That's not the kind of feeling you want to start out with when investing that much money. Good luck to you.

Same thing happened to me. Ordered 12/31. Built 2/24. Still no locale or vehicle or anyone telling me anything. Still "awaiting shipping". Someone else is going to be very happy with this vehicle when it arrives/if it arrives. Last night I bought a 2011 Dodge Durango Crew Luxe for the same price I would have paid for the explorer. COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. Gorgeous car and interior. Like the exterior better too. Very sleek. I started to regret and feel bad about my Explorer purchase when no one seemed to care about my particular vehicle and where it was. That's not the kind of feeling you want to start out with when investing that much money. Good luck to you.

Im sorry to hear you had to do that. In my position as an independent automotive tech there is no way i would purchase any chrysler product. You will learn this on your own. I have always been a Ford guy and am so pleased that Ford is putting out some of the best vehicles on the market today. I would wait an eternity before i bought a gm or chrysler over a Ford in todays world...However all are entitled to their own opinions. Good luck with your new ride. Your local repair facility will appreciate it

Owned a Durango back during the first Gen. Never had an issue. I have a 70,000 mile/7 year bumper to bumper warantee (even if something breaks I don't owe a thing). I think it's all in luck, really. I also got a $1500 rebate in my email, and a $500 rebate for military. With USAA buying plan, (750 below invoice), my total was 34,000 for an absolutely loaded car. Look, I LOVE the Explorer too. Obviously, that was my intent to have one. But after actually viewing and driving the D, I am blown away. I will pray that it's a good solid car that won't have a lot of issues, but basically, whatever happens for the next 7 years, I'm covered And I really do hope you get yours soon. If you look on older threads, there was absolutely a big issue with people who ordered in December. All those cars are still sitting and no one knows why...... I hope you love and enjoy your vehicle. Mostly I'm just happy right now for anyone who buys American. God Bless the USA!!

Ack, forgot to mention that hubs has a 2008 Jeep Wrangler, zero issues. Like I said, I don't think you can generalize that "all Chrysler" will have problems. Some Fords will have issues, some won't. Same with all vehicles. If you want to know the WORST CAR EVER for problems, it was the Range Rover I used to own. That thing was minimum of 6-7,000 dollars of repairs and maintenance yearly. Absolutely outrageous for the price. BUT, still my favorite SUV in terms of looks only.

We've been looking at the Durango Citadel for the other half. IT IS A GORGEOUS SUV and very comparable to the Explorer.

Same thing happened to me. Ordered 12/31. Built 2/24. Still no locale or vehicle or anyone telling me anything. Still "awaiting shipping". Someone else is going to be very happy with this vehicle when it arrives/if it arrives. I started to regret and feel bad about my Explorer purchase when no one seemed to care about my particular vehicle and where it was. That's not the kind of feeling you want to start out with when investing that much money. Good luck to you.

I cancelled my order yesterday. :( Sales guy and dealer tried to help, but nothing happened. Different stories from Ford depending on who I talked to. Began thinking there are some big problems with these vehicles or Ford really has no idea what they are doing. So someone else will get the EX. I'll wait to see what happens and buy off the lot once things become normal, hopefully they will. Good luck to those waiting with more patience than me.

Back