Where is the Temp Sensor for my Overhead Console? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where is the Temp Sensor for my Overhead Console?

r0dr0c

Reaction score
City, State
Sterling/Rock Falls IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
:confused: I have replied to a few post. But never asked a question myself. I can't seem to find the answer to this one. Although I am sure it is on here somewhere else.

I have an overhead console, that recently burnt out(but that is a different story, unless you have one for sale cheap?).

I want to know where the pick up for the Temperature is? Where is the silly sensor? I have heard in front of the radiator, I can't seem to see anything there. Where ever it is, before the inside read out burnt out, it gave wild high readings. Usually higher then the outside temperature really was. :eek:

Can anyone help me find the sensor?
And maybe find a cheap new display too? All I need is the little screen itself, the lights work fine, the screen, when i took it all apart, half looked like a rainbow.:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a thread on fixing that display. Read it last week. The temp sensor is behind the grill on the driver side. It almost looks like a tiny plastic spark plug. Maybe yours somehow got behind the radiator, hence the high readings.

What color? and with or without sunroof?

I have one that is grey here for a truck with sunroof, just pay shipping and it yours.

on pass side, right behind bumper IIRC.....

How much to ship to the USA from Canada? I have figured out that I can use the one from the sun roof model, even though I don't have one, I just have to disassemble it, to get the parts out I need to fix the one I got. Would you want a check? or do you have a paypal account?
thanks, Rodger

:rolleyes: oh no. well i will look in both places, one tells me drivers side behind the grill, the other says passenger side behind the bumper. Anyone got a picture? Mine is a 2000 Ex Sport :D

I've never seen one behind the bumper. All I've seen are behind the grill, fastened to the FRONT of the radiator support, on the driver's side.

Back