Not open for further replies.

Msupertek

Axle Annihilator!
Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 4x4 Explorer
DOES TEXAS HAVE A BRANCH OR WHAT, IF SO WHO IS RUNNING IT. I'M IN ARLINGTON, LET ME KNOW WHO ALL IS OUT HERE WITH ME. THANKS - SERIOUS ABOUT OFFROADING --

:shoot: :fire:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you take the caps off, You will probably get a reply. Please dont use all caps when makeing/replying to a thread. Thanks.

There are a bunch of us Texans. A couple of us have been out to 360.

Well.....

Let's see, No Texas post from me until my truck is running. Currently in final stages of V8 conversion.

Truckmagic is putting his T/Case back in.

After, I'm running you'll see more post about runs in this area. Gilmer, Clayton etc.

Until then I'm saving my pennies for my paintball habit.

BTW, I'm in the Plano/McKinney area.

im in plano not running yet thouh fixing it up

I have a question unanswered

Is there a post here in texas. My buddy is in a jeep club and they have a post number and are organizer. Does this club have the same type of system set up. I am asking because it seems that the only organized runs are all up North hundreds of miles away. Thanks
:frustrate

Post #

Nope, No post or area organizer. We have not had enough Explorers to do this in the past. It used to be only me, Gjarrett, and Truckmagick that were local.

Now we combine and run down near Austin with all those guys. We mostly get togather and hit Moab, Colorado, Trcukhaven etc.

Also, I have gone on runs with Jeeps of N. Texas, Cowtown Jeeps, and Fwd-Fwd.

So if you want to wheel, talk with us. Let us know when your going out. Maybe it's getting to be time to have a DFW chapter of Explorers?

Thanks Gofast

Hey buddy I appreciate the reply. I am sad to hear that there is no post in texas. I just converted my explorer to be trail ready about 6 months ago because my truck was having problems fitting through narrow jeeps trails.
It was a full size f-150 1998 model with a detroit locker in the rear diff, and auburn limited slip in front, 35x12.50 yokahoma mud terrain tires, 6 inches of lift and much more. I raised my explorer and have done everything but install a arb locker in front and detroit in rear. This will be happening in about two months. However I still take it offroading Every Weekend. I have quite a few friends who go with me but they have jeeps and small trucks. Let me know when you go out, and hopefully some how we can have some kind of get together here in our state. If you ever need to know anything about a ford let me know I work at a dealer in arlington for ford and I am as ceritified as you can get. Thanks again for the reply.:D

As soon as I move back to Gilmer, I will be active, too.

And I'll be Moving to Fort Worth in May and need to cut my teeth on Texas wheelling. And probably a whole lot more other Texas things.

And I'll be Moving to Fort Worth in May and need to cut my teeth on Texas wheelling. And probably a whole lot more other Texas things.

You'll be okay, just get a big bumper sticker that says,
"I wasn't born a Texan, but I got here as soon as I could."

ROFLMAO.......Thats Hilarious....you made my day...I'll see what I can come up with.

Good To Have another texan

Hey buddy when you move to fort worth let me know and I'll show you the trails at 360. I go all the time. Its the best offroading in the dfw area.

You seem like a much nicer guy now that you have turned the caps off :) I'm down for a run at 360 when I get my truck running. I'm in Missouri City, just south of Houston.

I'll definatly will let you know. I just have to get my tow rig all ironed out and I'll be set. Damn 6.2L Diesel seems to have a vacume leak. Idle RPMs are way up......I checked out the FWD-FWD page and it looks pretty cool....not like the wheeling here in Wa. But I'm looking forward to it.

Explorer day at 360...Oh yea!

I just hope this happens after I get my truck back.

The Mustang accesories are all in place, running a flex fan on it now. The spacer for the fan had to machined down some to fit. My radiator is tucked under the radiator support bracket so I can have some more room. Should be running in a month or so...
( Been saying that for 18 months now )

Anyway, count me in on a 360 run when my truck is running.

count me in for a 360 run

somebody fil me in on a 360 run. im from san antonio soon to be austin and i want to do some runs but right now im a stocker hopefully when i get the money ill be one of the big boys 13"+but im loking for something

jason

yo, im in Houston, but movin to dallas... runnin stock right now, but would love to ride along if someones got room... Ill bring a camera and be a photo man... let me know... Ill be in dallas in a few weeks... McKinney/Allen area...
--Bryan

Bryan, no need to ride along if you have Splat :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

man I dont think thats gonna happen :( Unless someone has a few grand they wanna loan me lol... I havent totally given up yet, but I really dont think I can come up with that type of money in a day (which is basically what Ive got now)...
--Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back