Where oh where is my Limited? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where oh where is my Limited?

dave1946

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 ford explorer
My Limited with 302A package was built during the week of Feb 7 and has been sitting at the plant ever since. Status is "Awaiting Shipping". Twice status changed to "at Plant". Now it is "Awaiting Shipping" with no ETA. Anyone else in the same boat? Does anyone know what repair is probably holding it up?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in that boat.

Today I am tempted to tell my dealer to order the same exact options again and see which one arrives first.

I'm in that boat too. Mine was ordered 1/3/2011, built 2/22/2011, said the ETA was 3/6/2011. Still awaiting shipping. I know I haven't been waiting as long as some, but this is rediculous already. Why can't they tell us what the problem is or when we can expect it, honestly!

Mine shows build on the sticket of 2-7-11, was supposed to be delivered on 2-14-11. Blizzards, then stop ship, showed released for shipping, but that was the last status change. Dealer thought it might be here this week, but it is Friday now...

Mine shows build on the sticket of 2-7-11, was supposed to be delivered on 2-14-11. Blizzards, then stop ship, showed released for shipping, but that was the last status change. Dealer thought it might be here this week, but it is Friday now...

I find it almost improbable that an overnight package or a $5.00 on-line purchase can be tracked real time anywhere in the world yet Ford can't find a $40K explorer. I don't know what the proposed fixes have been on the explorer but I would appreciate it if Ford would disclose the fixes. Frustrated

I think I heard on facebook at some point that Ford was working on a interface for their website that would let people check on the status of their build in the future.

I find it almost improbable that an overnight package or a $5.00 on-line purchase can be tracked real time anywhere in the world yet Ford can't find a $40K explorer. I don't know what the proposed fixes have been on the explorer but I would appreciate it if Ford would disclose the fixes. Frustrated

Ford needs to have UPS deliver their vehicles. :rolleyes:

Mine was built the week of 2/25, dealer ETA 3/7. Still sitting in Chicago waiting for shipment. :thumbdwn:

Ford needs to have UPS deliver their vehicles. :rolleyes:

That would be a bad idea, you have damage on almost every body panel by the time it arrived :D

Clearly, something went wrong with a large block of builds between approximately 2/20 - 3/7 because the ones what were built before and after that have already shipped.

Clearly, something went wrong with a large block of builds between approximately 2/20 - 3/7 because the ones what were built before and after that have already shipped.

There are rumors that there is a parts supply problem, but Ford refuses to give any explanation.

I'll give it another week, then look at my options.

Mine was built on Feb 9 and it's still "Awaiting Shipping" I think "Awaiting Shipping" really means "something's wrong and we not sure when it will get fixed". I'm starting to wonder if it'll be a year old by the time I get it.

My Limited with 302A package was built during the week of Feb 7 and has been sitting at the plant ever since. Status is "Awaiting Shipping". Twice status changed to "at Plant". Now it is "Awaiting Shipping" with no ETA. Anyone else in the same boat? Does anyone know what repair is probably holding it up?

My Explorer is in the same boat. Built on 2/23. It has changed from awaiting shipment/at plant to awaiting shipment/released four times since then. I am still waiting..

Mine is a 2/16 build. Still missing.

My Limited was built on 2/22 (sync installed 2/23) and I've been driving mine for a little over a week now. I'm more inclined to believe there is a parts hold rather than quality hold going on right now.

That very well may be. If so, Ford should simply say it's waiting for a part and should be fixed by X date. Don't pretend like nothing is wrong and say "Awaiting Shipping".

Our XLT was built on 2/22 (sync installed 2/23). It was supposed to be delivered on 3/7 but is still M.I.A. Seni says soon, soon, but were waiting with baited breath.

I think I heard on facebook at some point that Ford was working on a interface for their website that would let people check on the status of their build in the future.

Jeeden,

We will be working on that! As of right now, that person would still be me! HA! I hope you received your tracking that I sent via PM. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Seni

Every single one of you is in the same boat as me. Built 2/24. Been "awaiting shipment" ever since. At least I'm heartened somewhat to see that it's not my salesman messing around with me, and obviously there is an "undisclosed" problem that has gone on during this time period. Would be nice to have some transparency about that.

My limited was built 3/7 and my ETA was just pushed back from this week to next. I'm grateful to Seni and the other customer service folks who are so fabulous at updating the status requests quickly and courteously, but it would be nice if upper management gave them the go-ahead to share more information regarding the holds.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 2/24 week builds are on the move, mine showed up at the dealer today.

Back