Where the heck do i find a 3 inch body lift for my 2000 eddie bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where the heck do i find a 3 inch body lift for my 2000 eddie bauer

Brad18xx

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Ford Explorer V8
i can not find anywhere to get a body lift kit or any installation threads on a 4door. it seems like they where never invented yet i look at everyones explorer and they all have 3 inch body lifts!?!?!? someone please hell!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just search pa-883. The lifts are not made for our explorers, they're made for rangers. The one you need for your truck is the pa-883. You can get them at Summit Racing, Amazon, and many other sources. The install is virtually the same for the 4 doors as it is for the sports, so you can follow the thread for the sport. The only substantial difference is the front bumper/valance. Your bumper is actually easier to do.

I agree with albi1cnobi1..... they are easy to do except for the rear bumper. You will have to fab something up. I installed my lift in 4hrs

picture.php

thankyou

do you guys know about the steering shaft and if it will need to be extended?

Yes, and the kit comes with the shaft extension.

Install time is greatly dependent on the condition of the bolts. Stuck or broken bolts will slow you down. Lack of an impact wrench will also slow you down.

It took me a week to install mine. But not needing to drive it right away played heavily into that.

Mine took about 6 hours total. 4 for the lift and front bumper relocate, and 2 the next day moving the rear bumper up. That was all moving at a relaxed pace and taking my time. The only special tools were an impact wrench and a friend to help.

Back