Where the heck is the trip odometer, in my new 2018 XLT? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where the heck is the trip odometer, in my new 2018 XLT?

Bobs2018ExplorerSport

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Livermore, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport 4WD
Callsign
KD6ANY
I've tried toggling though all the available settings on my new 2018 XLT, and, while I can see one screen that shows 3 sets of gas and/or mileage numbers... I cannot seem to find "Trip 1" and "Trip 2", much less figure-out how to reset each one of those items.

Can anybody walk me through, step-by-step, on how to toggle down through the menus and (a) locate the trip odometer functions, then (b) reset those settings as desired?

Also, is the ONLY fusebox the one located inside the engine compartment?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look at the Owner's Manual, it tells you how to access the Trip 1 & 2 menus and how to reset each:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-4_om_EN-US_05_2018.pdf

Page 97 is where it begins discussing which type of instrument cluster/displays are available...p.105 tells you about Trip 1 & 2 and how to reset (select Trip 1 by pressing the right arrow on the 5-way switch on the left side of your steering wheel, then to reset 'press and hold OK button')

Hope this helps you find and reset your odometers.

There's another fuse box at the Body Control Module, up under the driver's dash toward the front fender well. You might have to pop off a cover to access it, I can't remember if this car had it covered or not.

My first question to people who ask these types of questions is...Did your car not come with an owner's manual? If it didn't you should get the dealer to get you one. Also, as 15Limited pointed out, most of these manuals are now on-line in digital form that you can download. A quick Google search will show you.

Secondly, EVERYONE should read the Owner's Manual and get familiar with the car before driving it. There are abundant things that your car can do that you'll never know if you don't read the manual.

I've tried toggling though all the available settings on my new 2018 XLT, and, while I can see one screen that shows 3 sets of gas and/or mileage numbers... I cannot seem to find "Trip 1" and "Trip 2", much less figure-out how to reset each one of those items.

Can anybody walk me through, step-by-step, on how to toggle down through the menus and (a) locate the trip odometer functions, then (b) reset those settings as desired?

Also, is the ONLY fusebox the one located inside the engine compartment?

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum Bob.:wave:
As has been alluded to, the Owner's Manual is a wonderful book full of all kinds of information. In fact, many questions asked here have answers that are in the Manual.
There is a lot to absorb and one reading won't even come close to learning all about the various features.

73's
Peter

Thanks for all the responses; I will look into it further. And, yes, I have gone through the entire owners manual and could not find a single listing under "trip odometer", "trip", etc. which is why I was starting to think that maybe my bare-bones XLT didn't even come with that feature.

Anyway, I will check-out Pg. 105 in my book and see if indeed a clue is given in there. THANKS!

Thanks for all the responses; I will look into it further. And, yes, I have gone through the entire owners manual and could not find a single listing under "trip odometer", "trip", etc. which is why I was starting to think that maybe my bare-bones XLT didn't even come with that feature.

Anyway, I will check-out Pg. 105 in my book and see if indeed a clue is given in there. THANKS!
I found several results for "trip" when I did a "find" on my downloaded copy of the 2018 Owner's Manual. I gave up long ago trying to find things in the paper version and have always downloaded and saved copies of the Manuals on my computer.

Peter

Although I haven't yet had a chance to re-try locating the feature, I do thank the member above who sent me the link to a much better online version of the owner's manual (than the one I had already saved on my computer)! I appreciate it!

Although I haven't yet had a chance to re-try locating the feature, I do thank the member above who sent me the link to a much better online version of the owner's manual (than the one I had already saved on my computer)! I appreciate it!

Start at page 105, you´ll find the feature...

Back