Where to buy DOM or 2x3 steel for sliders/bumpers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to buy DOM or 2x3 steel for sliders/bumpers

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ
OK guys, the boat is out of the garage for a month or so (needed the room for old furniture during Christmas)

Time to do a little work on the X aproach-departure angles and take off the OEM running boards to mock up some sliders.

SO,,,,,,where do y'all get your steel from????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dunno about the steel in YOUR neighborhood, but here in Bremerton, the Steel Recycling place has the best price on Steel...

What are you going to do with your Running boards?

I have Grey ones from the `97 I just picked up, and was going to paint them, but if I can get a set of White ones..........

I seriously think we should get a Build Party together.....even us Street Guys (well...*I* would) would come out and help...

Ryan

Ryan

PM Ryan and find out where he gets his. I get mine at Skagit Steel in Burlington, but that's kind of a haul for you.

i know where you can get it....my dads house....free. i've got all that steel sitting there. i'll be out of town this weekend, but maybe nextweekend if you want you can come by and get some. call me and i'll give you details.

What are you going to do with your Running boards?

I have Grey ones from the `97 I just picked up, and was going to paint them, but if I can get a set of White ones..........
Ryan

I don't think you want these, they have been sliders for a couple years. I'll take some pix for you.

Arsoul said:
i know where you can get it....my dads house

How about some evening this week? I'll call you later today

Kevin, When can I pick up those bumpers?

Kevin, When can I pick up those bumpers?

Well, they're still attached to the explorer. The front one looks to have a bend on the top from being pulled on but should be easily taken care of with a persuader :hammer:

So I can pull them off Sunday or you can come out and pull them off yourself any time.

If you guys get together for a "Slider Building Party" at Phil's, just let me know - - I'll bring up the stuff I'm holding for you...

Paul
'91 Sport

lol hahaha yeah the best price on steel i have found is sowell steel its in woodinville somewere location top secret :notworthy but seriously whiteside steel if Ryan or his dad dont have what ya need th world has come to an end lol see ya tommorow Ryan

Here's an online supplier that I have used many times for DOM. Click on steel round tube for DOM.

www.metalsdepot.com

broncoman i think i know the place your talking about and i found a place up in clearview thats cheaper then woodinville.

JP, to be any cheaper than Sowell Steel, they would have to pay YOU to take the steel.;)

The reason

OK, here is one of the reasons I was asking about steel.

Attachments

• DSCN3580-1.jpg
    DSCN3580-1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 318

ohhh. haha. i got ya. the only place i know in woodinville that sells steal asks almost double any other place around here.

should be nice lookin bumper

The other reason

;)

Attachments

• DSCN3584-1.jpg
    DSCN3584-1.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 725
  • DSCN3585-1.jpg
    DSCN3585-1.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 319

Luckily the economy sucks so bad right now, that between the price of fuel and the drop in the need for steel worldwide for production, the price of steel just took a HUGE dive.

Check on Steel Prices THIS WEEK compared to a month ago, and see what the difference is!

Ryan

Still can't beat the prices at Sowell Steel.:D

So are you up to some welding??

Dude, sweet cardboard skills :thumbsup: It needs a roller fairlead though :D

Herculiner !

Phil -

Just douse the cardboard with a couple coats of Herculiner - - stronger than STEEL! ! ! !:p: And the TP is always handy on a trail run...:rolleyes:

Looks good, when the weldfest?

Paul
'91 Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Phil -

Just douse the cardboard with a couple coats of Herculiner - - stronger than STEEL! ! ! !:p: And the TP is always handy on a trail run...:rolleyes:

Looks good, when the weldfest?

Paul
'91 Sport

I'm not sure when or where the weldfest will be. I still have to call Ryan. I'm 'on call' starting Friday morning, for a week, then it's holiday time.

BTW, check the BackRoadDrivers site, there's a trip on the 27th starting at Rockport. Would be nice to have some RBV's in the group.

I asked Santa for (white!)

Attachments

• white herculiner.jpg
    white herculiner.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 281

Back