Where to buy the Silver coated amber bulbs, etc. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to buy the Silver coated amber bulbs, etc.

A few months ago i read a thread debating the availability of cheap replacement bulbs - the silver colored amber signal bulbs to be exact. I cannot seem to find it when searching.

Now that i've got the silverstars in my diamondclears, the corner light that doesn't blink is no longer a matching white. I want a superwhite 194 (?) bulb, and possibly the silver/amber 3157s for the blinkers. Anyone know of a decent priced distributor online??? I know you can paint'em but don't want to go there.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the silver star 3157's in the turn signals (didnt put anything in the top turn signal above the headlight, at night it looks a lot clean with just the side lit amber)

194 bulbs in the little corner that are hyper white

Matrix 9007 Ultimate White bulbs in the headlights with diamond cuts

and upgraded fogs with H3 silverstar bulbs inside

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh and I bought the silverstar 3157's at a local Autozone for 20$/pair

Well I have to pull the lenses off the stock Chromed Plastic Headlamp Trim when I swap it over to Limited (White Painted) Trim.

While I do that, I'm gonna paint the sockets silver as they are visible w/ my clear lenses, and wire them up like the diagram says.

Ryan

Cut the Ground to the Corner Bulb (194), and wire it to the (+) on the Turn Signal Bulb (3157)?

Ryan

......remember I was born in Northern Mexico. You guys might know it as 'Southern California'...... :D

Ryan

Back