Where to find a Skyjacker or Superlift cheap? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to find a Skyjacker or Superlift cheap?

John Doe

Reaction score
City, State
Dayton, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 EB
I went down to a 4x4 store near me to get an estimate for a 5.5" Superlift on my '94 Explorer. They wanted $1,013.00 for the standard kit, $750 for labor, and $1,868 for the total, tax included. That's a little steep for me. I asked about the 6" Skyjacker (the one I really want) and they said they don't carry it. So I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find either one of these 2 lifts for under $1,000 with shocks and brake lines included. I know the Skyjacker is an expensive lift and I haven't been able to find it cheaper than $1,200, but what about a Superlift? I checked out http://www.rockymountainsusp.com and saw they had the Superlift for $552 but I didn't think that included shocks or brake lines. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rocky mountain suspension is the cheapest I've seen. Robbie

Hey John and Robbie..

Where do you guys live and where do you go for your suspension work?

It all depends on your options you get. Just so you know the superlift shocks are crap. :) The reason the Rockymountain is so cheap is because they don't include all the hardware you may need. They leave out brake lines and some other stuff. Its been a long time since I have researched this out so I don't remember the specifics. Your best bet is to get it so you get prices on each individual componet. Then find a shop that is GOOD at what they are doing. Alot of times that means you pay big dollars to get it installed CORRECTLY the first time instead of having to re-do it a number of times.

<Hey John and Robbie..
Where do you guys live and where do you go for your suspension work?>

I live around the Dayton, OH area and I go to a place called Solar Shade. I've just been getting estimates on prices and that's the closest place to where I live.

Back