Where to find front shock bushing? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to find front shock bushing?

davy crockett

Reaction score
City, State
British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XL
There's a large hole where the front shock goes through the upper shock mount. The shocks that came with my lift don't come with this bushing and it's discontinued by Ford. I called the jobbers and no one lists a shock mounting kit. I'm sure someone must have needed one of these bushings at some point. Any ideas on where to find one or what to use in place?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you re-use the old bushings/hardware for the new shocks?

Energy suspension sells kits online or at some local auto parts stores.

The front upper shock mounts are the same from 91-01 on Explorer's.

Yeah either Help! parts or try LMC truck, you can veiw thier catalog online and they have a bunch of those type of parts.

Just about any parts store will carry them. Its a very common part. Energy Suspension makes a set of poly ones that are red. You can also find rubber ones in the "help" section.

If you can't find them locally I'm sure a member here probably has a few extra's lying around.

~Mark

Thanks guys. I figured the new shocks would come with them too. Mind you, the rears didn't come with the bar pins either so I guess it's no surprise. I just need to find a better jobber to talk to.

Back