• Register Today It's free!

Where to find Lift Spindles??

xploder98

Reaction score
City, State
Hemet, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Saleen xp8 #27
What's up everyone. First post in a few months, I'm wantin to lift the xploder a bit. I'm thinkin 3" Lift Spindles in the front and AAL's in the back. And eventually 1.5" wheel spacers all around, but that's later down the road :) right now I'm wantin the spindles and add a leafs. I've found the AAL's easy enough but I'm havin trouble findin lift spindles for my year and model. If anyone knows a few places it's appreciated. Mine is a 98 explorer sport 2dr v6 ohv 2wd, 5 speed :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you wont find spindles if you look up you year, make, model, you haved to get ranger edge spindles

Fabtech and doetcshe sells them and like he said above it is for a ranger edge.

found em on ebay. The kit is made by Lift USA and comes with 3" lift spindles and AAL's or 2" shackles for 399.00. Don't sound bad to me :) I'm also thinkin of doin a few things performance wise also. I already have an open (cone) filter and 4" Eldebrock AF Adapter. I'm thinkin of gutting the exhaust. (One or both Cats) and/or getting a new muffler. Any other suggestions for easy mods with decent power gains? Inside my 98 xploder sport 2wd 2dr is the damn near stock 4.0 v6 ohv that I think could use a lot more power :)

Efan, pulley or a programmer will give you the most substantial amount of hp.i shouldn't even say it makes hp it just frees up lost hp. Without spending money there really isn't much you can do.

I have a 99 2wd sport that I am looking to also do spindles, I have already done TT, shackles, and 32's. To get the power back from the 32's I got a High flow air filter, No muffler, so dual exhaust dumped under cab, and tunes from henson and it has a hell of alot more power than it did before the tires.

ShooterDude- What do you mean an EFAN? And specifically which Pulley or Programmer?

Convert the mechanical fan to an electric fan and an underdrive pulley. Use the search bar and search those terms and should come up with some great writeups with how to do these things.

I'm thinkin of gutting the exhaust. (One or both Cats) and/or getting a new muffler.

I would suggest staying away from gutting your cats. I did this back in 2003 on mine and about 100 miles later, I started getting O2 CEL's constantly. And you do lose back pressure which is a essential ingredient to higher torque curves. And you gain nothing from it. Just buy a hi-flo cat to put on it.

Thanks for the tip. I'm real picky about exhausts and mufflers. I hate the rice burner sound and I really like that trophy truck sound but I know I can't get it without 700+ hp :) I've heard borla makes a nice muffler

Back