Where to find new leaf spring hangers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to find new leaf spring hangers?

Tshark299

Reaction score
City, State
Upstate NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
The one on my driver's side spring at the main eye end is starting to rot through. When I replaced my shackles and radius arm brackets last year they were all a dime a dozen, but I'm having a hard time finding cheap new replacement spring hangers. Everybody has them for Rangers, but not
Explorers.

The one and only place I can find them available is:

http://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/

$65 for each bracket, $80 for the bracket with Grade 8 hardware.... plus another $10 for shipping.

A little more money than I want to put into an old truck, but if I have to, I have to. Just wondering if there was any place else I could find this part for a little (or a lot!) cheaper...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actually your Ford dealer should have them. LMC truck has them. Check ebay. You might also find good ones at the bone yard.

I would try the dealer first, honestly.

x2 on the dealer, they should have them, or be able to order them,,

Actually your Ford dealer should have them. LMC truck has them. Check ebay. You might also find good ones at the bone yard.

I would try the dealer first, honestly.
LMC truck does not have them. Nothing on eBay either unfortunately...that was the first place I thought I'd find them. Guess I'll try the dealer, but in my searching I read many posts that said the dealer does not carry them any more.

Shackles look like they are discontinued by Ford, some dealer may still have one somewhere hidden away though, I couldn't any part number for hangers.

anyway, here is where you want in the LMC catalog for the suspension components you are looking for, but I don't see anything for the hangers there either. Maybe salvage yard?

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fr/full.aspx?page=118

Honestly though, 75-90 bucks a side aint that much, but, a salvage yard would be a LOT cheaper, and then you just pick up grade 8 hardware from the hardware store. Probably won't have much more than 50 bucks into it all.

Shackles look like they are discontinued by Ford, some dealer may still have one somewhere hidden away though, I couldn't any part number for hangers.

anyway, here is where you want in the LMC catalog for the suspension components you are looking for, but I don't see anything for the hangers there either. Maybe salvage yard?

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fr/full.aspx?page=118

Honestly though, 75-90 bucks a side aint that much, but, a salvage yard would be a LOT cheaper, and then you just pick up grade 8 hardware from the hardware store. Probably won't have much more than 50 bucks into it all.
Yeah, shackles I already had to replace last year, found factory-style replacements dirt cheap on eBay. I use junk yard parts all the time but honestly, here in the northeast where the newest used bracket will have seen 16 years of snow and salt, I'd rather bolt on chassis parts that are clean and new. I'll probably end up ordering the kit from autoandtrucksprings.com .

Not sure if 91-94 Explorer is the same as our 99 but I just got a rear shackle kit from Dorman for less than 30.00

Not sure if 91-94 Explorer is the same as our 99 but I just got a rear shackle kit from Dorman for less than 30.00
Yeah I've already replaced the shackles. I'm looking for the hangers at the other end of the spring. The shackles are the same between the 1st gen Explorers and your '99 though.

Doesn't answer your question, but figured I'd post this in case someone searches... I put new dealer shackles on Shamrock- they were $27 at the dealer for the set. OEM stuff. Here ya go- I just crawled under my truck for a part number. :D

IMG_0535.jpg

For the front mounts, have you tried a spring shop? I know when I got springs and stuff for Snowball, they could get them no problem. They probably have access to more stuff than online outlets.

Doesn't answer your question, but figured I'd post this in case someone searches... I put new dealer shackles on Shamrock- they were $27 at the dealer for the set. OEM stuff. Here ya go- I just crawled under my truck for a part number. :D

Wow that's a good price for genuine parts!

It is- it's weird- I've found that a fair number of parts they're right on for- even like sensors and stuff- if the Duralast/whatever is say $40 and the Motorcraft is $45-50, I'll just get the Motorcraft part. Maybe I just have a good parts guy, but he doesn't know me or anything, so it's not a discounted rate.

Back