Where to get a single guage pod for my 98? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to get a single guage pod for my 98?

WannaXP8

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer
I wanna get just a single guage pod for my 98 so that I can hook up a tranny temp guage?? Summit and Jegs only has the dual pods..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by WannaXP8
I wanna get just a single guage pod for my 98 so that I can hook up a tranny temp guage?? Summit and Jegs only has the dual pods..
You can always fit another one in there. Such as an air/fuel gauge, Vacuum gauge, or a real oil pressure gauge. Couldn't hurt.

Thanks Al!!

summit and jegs do have the single pods, you may just have to order them by Autometer part #.

is it easy to run a tranny temp guage??

how much are the dakota pods? Do they come in different colors, cause I have a tan interior?

Originally posted by SSIKORA
is it easy to run a tranny temp guage??

It depends on your defination of easy. My instal is detailed in the following thread....Dead Link Removed

Its a handy tool to monitor the condition of the tranny.

Good luck.....

Originally posted by WannaXP8
how much are the dakota pods? Do they come in different colors, cause I have a tan interior?

The price is on their website, I donn't remember off hand,

The pods come black. My interior is tan also and I simply sprayed to match.

Good luck.....

How about running two trans temp gauges? :)

I'm actually thinking of installing one gauge and two senders with a switch so I can select either sender for the display. One sender would be in the line going to the radiator cooler (or in the pan if I get an aftermarket pan) and the other would be in the return line. That way I could monitor how well the cooler(s) are working.

This is probably a little too retentive for most people though;)

Originally posted by TarHeel085
anyone know if i can get a single pod for both sides? i wanna get pods and put tweeters in them :D

That's a good idea. I haven't seen any for the right side though. Maybe for the UK folks with Explorers?

How about a dual pod on drivers side w/ one gauge and one tweeter and single pod on pass side w/ other tweeter? Not symmetrical, but functional.

Originally posted by aldive
Why not just use surface mount tweeters?
i dont want to drill into my interior plastic other than the pods cause i had already planned on gettin pods. just afraid ill change my mind and ditch the tweeters for somethin like component speakers.

The tweeters are one component of component speakers. I was just curious.

Back