Where to get leaf spring bushings? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to get leaf spring bushings?

jlsparky7

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Woodhaven, Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0 XLT AWD
Looking for somewhere that sells leaf spring bushings. Need the ones between the leaf spring and shackle and shackle and frame.

LMC truck is the only place that ive found them at so far and they want 51$ for just the leaf spring/shackle bushing set. That seems VERY steep. Any other ideas?

Ive tried summit racing, rock auto, napa, advanced, orilieys/murrays.

Heres a layout. I need the bushings that go around each of the bolts below.

ShackleBracket.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i was able to get the bushings that go into the frame from a local suspension shop for mine. take a peak in the yellow pages, there should be a place near you that can get them for you.

Sweet. How much did they run you?

U live up in caaanaaaadaaaa there eh?

Thanks again man, ill look around and see what I can find.

First gen explorer bushings will work, energy suspension makes a kits, with the leaf spring bushings and the frame bushing for the other side of the shackle.

Awesome. Ill google em. Thanks.

First gen explorer bushings will work, energy suspension makes a kits, with the leaf spring bushings and the frame bushing for the other side of the shackle.

There website is like trying to read HTML. Im lost. They have product numbers and stuff in there online catalog but I dont see how to order.

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/fdt1.html

I found the kit on ebay for 125 shipped which is I think all the bushings on the truck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ener...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Any idea if the rest of the bushings are compatible?

There website is like trying to read HTML. Im lost. They have product numbers and stuff in there online catalog but I dont see how to order.

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/fdt1.html

I found the kit on ebay for 125 shipped which is I think all the bushings on the truck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ener...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Any idea if the rest of the bushings are compatible?

Most of that kit won't work for you. You need part # 4.2124 those are the rear spring bushings that will work for you.

Most of that kit won't work for you. You need part # 4.2124 those are the rear spring bushings that will work for you.

Is that going to include the shackle/frame bushings or only the leaf/shackle bushings?

More bushing questions. Need help bad.

Alright heres the deal.

I need frame and leaf spring bushings for my 96 explorer to install my new shackles. I couldn't find them anywhere and didn't want to order an entire 1st gen kit just for 4 bushing sets (ive been told some of the bushings are interchangeable between 1st and 2nd gen).

So I ordered the bushings individually on ebay after making very precise measurements on the bushings and holes. I needed 4 of each.

1-1/2 diameter with 7/16th hole 1/4inch shoulder

1-1/4 diameter with 7/16th hole 1/4inch shoulder

7/16th sleeves for the inside of the bushing.

They came in today and are HUGE. like at least 1/4 inch bigger in diameter than the hole. Are these supposed to be pressed in or should they slide in and out fairly easily? These were so big the small bushing fit closer than the large bushing in the large hole.

I need help guys. Ive searched everywhere! there has to be a 2nd gen shackle bushing set somewhere that will work! What have you guys done?

Im about to just cut these bushings down and make them work im so angry.

Can anyone confirm if this 1st gen kit will work for my 2nd gen explorer?
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/6-1019.html?id=v7EBhETh

Thanks in advance for any advise or help.

I double checked that part number and it looks correct. Do you know if that kit includes all 12 bushings and 6 sleeves needed?

Also are the frame bushings the same size as the leaf spring bushings?

I bought that energy suspension kit but as far as I could tell the front leaf spring bushings that came with it would not fit, but others have claimed they will work. The instructions say to cut out the bushing sleeve for the fronts, but doing that will make the bushing far too loose to work well.

The rear spring bushings and upper shackle/frame bushings work well though. For the frame bushing you leave the metal sleeve intact and just torch out the rubber from the stock one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I cut the sleeve out of the back end of the spring and the bushing fit perfect. It may be that the fronts will work if the sleeves are left in place though. It seems that the front spring bushings don't wear as fast as the rear bushings so I never felt a need to replace them.

Back