where to get my chip reburned?

snocross1985

Explorer-less
Reaction score
City, State
Stratham, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
OK heres the deal, I recently purchased an Apten diablo chip from a fellow member here. It is for a different computer code so it will not work with my truck so I will need to get it reburned. My question is, where would be the best (yet stil affordable) place be to get it reburned? I know Brian has left Apten, but Apten (for $50 with a 2-3 week turnaround time) will still send diablo chips to Brian to get them burned. Is there a way I could work with Brian direct instead of Apten as the middle-man? Just trying to find a way to get what Brian gave a lot of you here: great product and great service at a fair price and worked his hardest to get the product o the customer. What do you guys think would be my best option? I would really rather not send it to Apten so they can send it to Brian and send it to me 3 weeks later.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd like to know too... I've passed up a number of deals because they were Diablos..

Hey if you guys don't mind me asking, what happen with brian and Apten? Who does he work for now?

Sorry for asking, but have been off of the forum for awhile.

He left. Superchips.

would doug take care of my programming needs on my diablo chip?

I emailed Apten and they said (exact quote from their email to me) "We don't have the Diablo software, just SCT." So whats the deal? Am I screwed when it comes to getting my chip reburned? I emailed Doug at BamaChips yesterday and haven't heard back from him yet, so we'll see what he can do. :(

from what i know is that he got everything from brian. And yes he does have the sct stuff for the chip. He prolly is busy right now with it that is prolly why he hasn't responded.

i have all the SCT software brain has and doug. when brian left apten he took his black diablo burner with him. i dont not think he is allowed due to lincense agreement to use any diablo hardware while at SCT. he does have a lot of friends still that have the old software that will burn a black diablo chip for you in a timly manner. don at lasota racing in ohio i belive will do it for you. the resones why no one wants to burn it, is that the old software brian had used with black diablo's is not the new SCT stuff so it is harder to make files and simply burn them. the black diablos where used because they where a universal chip that where not encrypted. it can be done and if i could do it for you i would but there are very few who have the old black stuff and will reburn them.i know of three that have it, brian, Don, and dennis. the middle is your best bet, the old black chips are worth $50 dollars as a trade in if you feel like getting the new stuff and not dealing with the hassel. i am sorry if i rambled a little and messed up some where but i figured since i have a strong back round in the area i would give you what i know.

Do you know how I can get ahold of Don at Lasota Racing?

Doug said that he is also unable to do diablo chips.

http://www.lasotaracing.com/html/
this is the address of there site, i can not assure you for shure this will fix your problem. like i said before most do not want any thing to do with these older chips but this should give you a better chance if you know the back round and exactly who can take care of you.

Thanks for your help guys. Lasota Racing wants $150 for a reburn... I don't think so. I emailed a local diablo dealer and he asked me a few questions and said he would email me back a price, haven't heard from him yet. i emailed Diablo directly and they said it will cost about $75 for a reburn, possibly less. I think I will just go with them. I just have to call them tomorrow to verify prices and to set everything up. Hopefully I will have my chip all set to go soon.

I sent my Apten chip off last Tuesday and talked to the guy before hand. He still said that they would still specifically make a program for my supercharger. I thought that Superchips were just basic programs? If so, I'm gonna be pissed. Anyone know ?

Well, I just sent my chip to Diablo this morning. The guy I talked to was real cool. He gave me his cell phone number and said that he would call me as soon as he got the chip to make sure he tuned it exactly like I want it. He also said that his turn around time was 1-2 days and would send it back to me as soon as he was done.

I forgot to mention I sent mine back to Apten to get reburned. Do they not make custom programs anymore since Brian left or something? Why is it so bad that he's gone, is he the only one that could burn them ?

Since Brian left they won't deal with Diablo chips anymore. I know others on here say that they will just send them to Brian, but Gene Fine of Apten emailed me saying that they will only reburn Superchips. He said if I want my Diablo reburned I would need to find another company. The main upset with Brian leaving Apten was that he was a very good guy to deal with and since he left Apten their service has kind of gone down the toilet. I know some might say that Apten's service is still great, but from my own personal experience it is not a company that I will deal with ever again.

So will a Diablo reburn be as good as an Apten?

If he custom burns it for my specs as he said he would, then yes it will be just as good as an Apten chip.

I sent my Diablo chip to Apten on last Tuesday, and I got worried because you guys said that they don't work with them anymore. Well, I called Apten and they said that they have already sent it to Brian to be burned. No 2-3 week turnaround either, they said I should get it tomarrow or Saturday.

So you can STILL send Diablo chips to Apten to be reburned, they just have to go to Brian first. No more worries :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Then why was I told otherwise? I am really pissed off now that Apten told me I would need to send my chip elsewhere. wtf?! :fire:

Back