Where to Get Sunroof Seal/Weatherstripping? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to Get Sunroof Seal/Weatherstripping?

jweb1369

Reaction score
City, State
Panama City, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
My sunroof is loud, and leaks a little. I have looked all over the internet and can't seem to find any weatherstripping for a sunroof. I've looked on the forum, and couldn't find any directions on what to use. The weatherstripping is on the glass itself, and it seems like no one sells it... I'm sure it's out there, I just can't find it. Does anyone know?

Have you tried LMC truck? However, I just looked in their new catalog, and did not see anything for a sunroof. But they may have an idea for you. I have used them in the past, and they are great people to work with.

I guess it isn't supposed to be a water tight seal. Water is supposed to leak and drain through the tubes under the glass.

bump...

Regarding the "seal", I am having similar problems and cannot find the right discussion thread yet either. I am pretty sure the it should seal tight to the glass (though not necessarily to the roof frame as suggested). I cannot figure our how/where to get instructions on whether a existing one, that is starting come loose from the glass, can be salvaged (short term) or how to replace yet.

Any suggestions GREATLY appreciated.

Back