where to install add-a-leaf on 96

PUR PONY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 LTD, 96 XLT, & 98 XLT
ok guys- going to install my new pro-comp add-a-leaf and warrior shackles soon. here is my questions... on my 96...speaking of this- hold on... ups is here delivering it now-- ok im back...
looking under my dads 98..( my girlfriend has mine at the moment)... there are 4 leafs... do I install the add-a-leaf under all of them at the very bottom or right about the very short bottom one????

thanks
Marc

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where did you get the Add-A-Leafs?
I called Summit and they said they didn't make them for a 96 XLT.

i bought them from summit- someone on here gave me the part number they were using- let me look and see if i can find it-

ok- found it- lol
they were pro-comp part #EXP-13120 from summit....
now someone gave me that part number on here- I am not positive if they are the right ones... I havnt installed them yet- but they look correct.... I would ask around and see if you can find others with the same part number-

later
Marc

That is the correct part # and it should fit any 4dr Explorer with the multiple leaf spring pack. You place the addaleaf under the curved leafs in the spring pack but above the single straight stop spring that is on the bottom of the pack.

Back