• Register Today It's free!

Where to mount HID ballasts?

JawzSS

Reaction score
City, State
Delaware
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Mountaineer
Just ordered my HIDs for my 3rd gen mountaineer and was just wondering where you all found the most efficient place to mount the ballasts are

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how many sets are you doing? for hte lo-beams i did them behind the grill on the sides. my high beams are inside the front fenders. and my fogs are upside down from the piece directly under the headlight housings. i CAN supply some pictures, its just a PIA to get good angles on most of my stuff.

Anywhere you can find will work. Just make sure it's away from a high heat source. On my milan I have them mounted to the inner fenders with high strength mirror double sided tape. It's been like that almost a year and still stuck there.

Just ordered my HIDs for my 3rd gen mountaineer and was just wondering where you all found the most efficient place to mount the ballasts are

As for high and low, I just let them sit out of the way in a corner, not tacked down with anything, they sit there just fine. As for the fogs I used d-sided tape and put them on either side of the lower part of the radiator, no problems. Oh just make sure the fogs connections are well sealed against rain water.

the mountaineer used a single bulb for the high and low so its just one ballast. i mounted mine right where the intake box is for the passanger side. the drivers i pulled the battery out and mounted it right to the body between the battery and rad. support

lol i just set mine in there.. one by the batt and the other by the air intake.. mine are fine...

i put one ballast on the side of the air intake, and the other on top of the battery case, is that ok to put the ballast on top of the battery?? here some pics. the light is 30,000k

li.jpg

2010-04-29_02.39.06.jpg

2010-04-29_02.40.39.jpg

pics broken mate.

i can show you where i put mine and it will blow you away lol, ill have pics up in about 15 minutes

Under the front piece with all the K&N stickers.
CIMG0071.jpg

Here ya go!! see em!! those are my low beams.
CIMG0072.jpg

CIMG0073.jpg

CIMG0074.jpg

CIMG0075.jpg

CIMG0076.jpg

CIMG0077.jpg

Back