RFR2212

Typing Police
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
In the mug by Chitown
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 JEEP Wrangler
When the world stopped turnin 2 years ago?

Waking up for class, reading it on AOLnews online, I thought it was a dream or april fools day... My dorm door beat on by my neighbor, saw the 2nd plane hit. Went to my first class, my teacher hadn't heard, and mid way through an assistant came in saying school was shut down and i lived around the tv all afternoon...

:usa: God bless those who we lost, and those who keep us safe!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Big Green

Reaction score
City, State
OKC, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4.6L
I was on my way to my second class, we happened to be wathcing a documentary that day so we had a TV in the classroom, we turned it on and watched in horror and in fear of what was next, needless to say not much work was done that entire day. Our school was about 1 mile from a Military base, supposedly #4 on the top ten bases to destroy in the U.S. My dad was on a plane for business headed toward N.Y. I can honestly say I've never been so afraid of losing someone, and having no control what so ever. Thank the Lord that he wasnt on any of those planes.

God Bless all the families of the victims, and bless all of those willing to risk their lives to try and save others.

97sllim726

Reaction score
City, State
Troutdale, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer
I remember waking up and hearing my dads tv and thinking he had left it on hbo or something and just walked out and went to work, didn't listen to the radio or anything when i showed up at my first store my best friend and boss were like we are going to war and i laughed at me, they looked at me and were just like u didn't hear, i then walked to the tv in the coffee shop and right when i looked at the tv, i remember the second plane hit, saddest thing i've ever seen, god bless the victims

SiLenZe

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
first hit while driving to school. second hit while in my first class. we were watching the tv. he let us go and then i went home and didnt go to school for the next few days. just sat at home with the doors locked watching CNN.

matey

Aussie Dude
Reaction score
City, State
Sydney NSW Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
Black 01 xlt explorer
i was at home as well and unfortunatly got to wach it live on television i then rung a friend in new york who has since died

Black Magic

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Street
I was at work here at Jones. We have TV Monitors all over the place and they switched on CNN. We all watched in horror. Wondering what was next.

Very, very scarry not knowing what was next.

usabanner.gif

stretch

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Waskom, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT V8 AWD
I was on the way to a job site to make sure that a large awning fit on a customers house when the first plane hit. But we didn't have the radio on so we had no idea. When our boss showed up he asked us if we had heard that a plane had hit the WTC. We thought he was telling a joke until his face became very serious. We spent the next hour or so just sitting in the truck listening to events unfold right in the customers' driveway. I cannot express the rage I had and still have because of that day.

Lifted95X

The Xplorer U Luv to H8
Reaction score
City, State
EASTPOINTE, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 4.6 Mounty
I was sitting in the exact spot I am right now, at work. I'll never forget how many people were huddled around my computer in awe listening to the news as it all came through.

Reaction score
City, State
Alexandria, La
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
walking down the hall to decorate the halls for homecoming, looked ina room and BOOM. The second plane hit

PghBill

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Watershed Events

I was at my office, working on a project, with the radio on in the background. The special news bulletin that " . . . a plane crashed into the World Trade Center . . . " quickly burned the fog away. I went to the office next door where they had a TV and remained the rest of the morning, stunned at the unfolding events. Being a civil engineer, I had read about the design of the WTC towers and I sensed that those at and above the impact levels were doomed, only contributing to the dread.

We can all expect to experience watershed events in our lives. 911 was the second for me. I was in 11th grade English class that November morning in 1963 when the principal made the announcement that JFK has been shot in Dallas and that classes were cancelled for the rest of the day.

I hope there will not be a third.

:usa:

Derrick C.

Moderator Drinkin Corona
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Twin Falls, Idaho---------B.F.E.
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT, 92 XL
I was just getting off work as I am 2 years later. I was laying in bed listening to the radio when it came over. Ran to the living turn the boob tube on and boom second plane hit. Whatched all day and took a personal day off from work from all the anger I was holding in. I still would like to see those SOBs burn in hell for what they caused.:mad:

God Bless those we lost and there famlies.:(

To our Troops.........You guys f***in rock!!! Keep it up!!

Let Freedom Ring and fly those colors!!!

Texplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Morgantown, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT 4x4 4.0
I was walking up the street 2 blocks away from the WTC, I was trying to buy shoes.

dgibson

Elite Explorer<br>ECX member
Reaction score
City, State
virginia beach, va (originally from AR, go Hogs)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
I was working at my part time job, because I didn't have to be on the base until about 3. After it happened, my chief called me and said that they were shutting down the school house and not to try to come on the base. Since I was stationed at a training command at the time, there was nothing for me to do. I wanted to be on the first ships to over.

explorergf

Wannabe <a href="http://www.explorer4x4.com/elite.
Reaction score
City, State
Michigan City, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Honda Civic Ex
I was at school... we were doing ISTEP testing but I had already passed mine so it was just like a free day of school. I was sitting in the choir practice room (which is a room about 5ft by 5 ft) talking to Ryan on my cell phone. Ryan asked if I knew what was going on... of course I didn't. I ran and turned on the tv and saw. I ran to the choir teacher because he had a daughter there... so I guess I was the one that broke the sad news at my school.

IgotTwo

Reaction score
City, State
Branchburg, N.J.
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT - 97 XLT SOHC
Two years later ? …….. you couldn’t make it up in your wildest dreams!
Living close to NYC, it hit home to many friends …..my heart still goes out to all. They have to carry it with them for the rest of their lives. Some things you can’t forget.

Two Years to the world?
What may have really happened without the emotional reaction? (if that is possible)

With the understanding that they were first class wackcos and extremist who are off the scale, those guys are slick as slick can be.

Definitely the wrong approach but you can not argue they did make a wake call up to a large part of the world that has suffered from “lower exposure and political presence” in the world order. i.e the Islamic, Arab, etc, culture.
It’s hard for me to imagine that even the “Good Guys” of the region do not have a problem with the US and US foreign policy. Some of those issues have been surfacing and hopefully are making us think.

I really wish they had taken a few page ad in the Wall Street Journal if they had such a problem……but we know the world doesn’t always work like that.

I have never seen so much in the media and discussions about Muslims, the Islamic faith, their side of the politics of the region and dare I mention the other side to the age old conflict with Israel. That may be a good thing.

Yeah, we can bomb everyone back to the stone age but then what?

So we have to take out the “Bad Guys” because they did “wrong” but maybe we have a whole new understanding of “the good guys” of the region.

“Why can’t we all just get along?” (Didn’t Jack Nicholson say that in Invasion form Mars? hahaha)

For those on the lower side of ?45?… its like - you knew where you were when Kennedy was shot … now “we all knew where we were at 9/11”
I think someone already mentioned that above

I'm trying to think postive in spite of it all

sirhk100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91
Driving to work. My commute was 1:45. I got in the car and heard the first report about 10 minutes later. At the time that I was hearing about the Pentagon I was on the phone with my Mom asking if my Dad had morning meetings there. Luckily his flight was canceled so he didn't make it into DC the night before for meetings that morning. By the time I pulled into work, it was over and both towers were gone. Listened to the entire thing live on the radio. I spent that day and many following online reading news. On 9/11 I was on the thread in this section reading because access to the news pages was jammed.

Crazy5711

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Twentynine Palms, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport (Dead and Gone)
I was in my office when news came over the radio about the first plane, then we were all gathered around the computer with the radio up for the rest of the morning. This was when I was stationed in NC. We started recalling Marines from leave, especially the ones in NY. Ever since, we have been pursuing the goal of stopping terrorism. The only part I have played in is the war in Iraq, but I have helped prepare many others to go many other places, and have been there to support friends and family as they are gone and when they return.

Mike 92 XLT

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Manhattan Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Expensive German Stuff
It was my senior year at U of Michigan, and I turned on the TV as I was getting breakfast before I headed out to class like always. I couldn't exactly comprehend what was going on at first. I mean, this kind of thing never happens on our own soil, right? That was just after the first plane hit. By the time I got out of class an hour later, the towers were gone. U of M has a very large New York student population, so it was very, very emotional all around campus, with people everywhere on their cells trying to get in touch with their families, people crying, etc.

It's strange, because I am in Prague right now, and I almost forgot it was 9-11 until I got on the net and went to CNN.com.

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TPLYNCH

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brewster, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLS
Walking down Park Ave South in NYC from Grand Central to my job @ 23rd St. when I hear a VERY loud plane, and thinking to myself "wow, that ones really flying low...." Little did I know. Was wondering why one guy came running out of the subway station w/his cell phone to his ear, and made a mad dash building. Figured he was late to work. Didn't realize what happened til I got to my floor and saw everyone standing around the TV's watching Tower 1 burn.....