Where were you.... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Where were you....

Rhett

Let Them Eat Cake
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cape Girardeau, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport 4x4
I was at work and we all watched it. Today I saw replays of it and it made me sick and mad all over again...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Crankcase

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver B.C, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XL Ex-Police
I was doing temp work, and my boss at the time phoned me for an assigment, and told me that the tower was hit...I tuned into CNN.....

SoBeLover

Explorer Babe Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
None
I had not slept well the night before, so at 8:30, after I sent my daughters to school, I went back to sleep, and about 11:30 my nephew called me and asked if I had seen the news, I immediately turned on the TV

dejello

perpetually unconcious
Reaction score
City, State
College Station, TX
I was at work, no radio or tv. Went to deliver some parts and needed to get paperwork signed. Found the guy I needed in an office with a few other people listening to the radio. I barely paid attention to it, but I remember it saying that a plane (I had no idea what type) had crashed into the WTC... Went back and told the others in my office and we went about our work. I found out the full scope of things later on that day.

SmokeGrinder

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Uber Of All Possible Doom
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer 4X4
i was in HS and went out of class to get updates from my friend watchin CNN

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 4Runner, 22 Silverado
I was driving to a Home Depot to pick up stuff. Didn't hear anything about it till I got there since I was playing my CDs. When I got to Home Depot, pretty much all the employees were in the back lounge watching TV.

Texan01

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
I was in my dorm room sound asleep when my friend called me up and told me to look at the TV. I turned it on and I woke up completely, watched both buildings collapse and then went to my archery class, teacher called roll and said go home .

This I file under the same thing as both times I watched the space shuttle (Challenger in '86 and Columbia) come apart.

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
I was on my way to work when the first plane hit, as I pulled into the parking lot they mentioned on the radio that one of the towers had been hit by a small plane, and it was on fire. I figured it was an accident, or a suicide someone in a Cessna or something, turned the car off and walked inside.

I was sitting in my office, and my secretary came in and turned the TV on and we knew what was going on.

See, my son goes to school at GW, he commutes from home (suburbs). GW is about two blocks from the Washington monument, the White House, all of those places that would be great targets.

So I called him on his cell phone, no answer. I tried to call my wife from my cell phone, no answer. Cell phones were down because of the traffic. I finally got through to her using the office line, she couldn't get ahold of our son either. About 30 minutes went by, still nothing so I called her back and told her that I was going to head down there, at least get as far as I could by car (they had all the outbound city roads flipped one way outbound) and then reassess the situation when I got down there.

I went out, got in the car and left headed down 295 towards New York Ave and into the city, before I got two exits on 295, she called saying that she'd gotten ahold of him, and he was on his way out of the city, relieved I turned the car around and headed home myself.

Definately a day I wont forget, scary having a loved one down there so close...

madmike

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Yuma, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 xlt, 93 SAS xlt
i was on a flight to lax on my way to cax in southern cali, and had to emergency land in memphis due to several terrorist attacks in the us, was stuck there for six days then ended up making it to yuma , couldnt believe what was happening. !!!

Scormunch

Town Drunk
Reaction score
City, State
Bridgewater, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
08' Civic SI FA5
...was in physics in HS around 11ish and my friend got taken out of class. Later we learned that his dad was on the Tower 1 plane. Around 11:30 we were told to go home, and spent the rest of the day trying to get ahold of my friend and watching the tv.