Wheres the temp sender on my 1999 5.0 ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheres the temp sender on my 1999 5.0 ?

fcat

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 5.0 V8 Limited
Ive done searches online and on the forum and am getting mixed messages as to where the temperature sender is that sends the temperature signal to the dash gauge! Would appreciate someones help with a definitive answer.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive done searches online and on the forum and am getting mixed messages as to where the temperature sender is that sends the temperature signal to the dash gauge! Would appreciate someones help with a definitive answer.
Thanks

Anyone ?

Front of the engine, behind power steering pump, corner of lower intake manifold.

Thanks :), would that be the lower right hand corner of intake manifoldas i look at engine from front of car ?

Correct

Thanks, appreciate the info

Gauge sender has one wire. Pull it off and gauge should go to zero; ground it and gauge should max out. If this happens, wiring and gauge are OK and sender is the issue. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, sender was faulty, 5 minute job to replace when i knew where it was:)

Back