WHHHOOOOHHHHOOO!!!!!!!! NEW HEADUNIT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WHHHOOOOHHHHOOO!!!!!!!! NEW HEADUNIT

expl0der8

Reaction score
City, State
Rockford, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
WOOOOHHHHOOO!!!!!!!! NEW HEADUNIT

I can't believe it, but the wife actually TOLD me to buy this, I wasn't planning on getting one this early but she felt that since I was getting my new sub and amp that why wait to save up the $$$ for a new CD player. Picked it up on Saturday, and by 6:00 that night it was rockin in the X. It's a little distracting when driving, about as much as my dancing flame gauges so will take time for me to just stop staring at it. Picked it up at circuit city for a better price than Crutchfield.

Info on it.

h133dfx983.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice. the moving displays are mostly for the passengers. once and awhile i change mine. i have a pioneer that can download new ones from the internet.
but it gets boring.

do you get any glare on that screen. seems like it would be hard to read. doesnt it change colors?

I get as much glare as you would with any screen. You might be thinking of the older Panasonics that changed from silver to blue at night. This one just has blue highlits at night, it's pretty sweet looking, but it makes the green in the rest of my dash look a little odd. It was hard to read at first, but it's getting better. My only complaint is that the time is so small you have to concentrate to see it, but that's why I wear a watch.

i didn't know that particular pioneer can download OEL displays. Right now I'm saving for the -P940MP Premier deck. I know that one can. I had the Premier -P730 which is 2 generations older than yours, and i always tended to drive with any and all animations off.

the 7500mp can download images from a cdr using this program http://www.pioneer.co.jp/car/pclink2/dl/oel.exe
the others require a 100$ kit that plugs directly into the faceplate.

i tryed converting an image of my explorer to display on the deck but its kinda hard converting a color picture to 4 tone greyscale and have it look ok.

i LOVE my pioneer 8400mp. i thought about going 1/2's with a friend for that $100 adapter, but never went through with it.
does your's have a motorized face, or does it just drop down?

Expl0der8's Panasonic is very nice !!... I was thinking to get it, but I didn´t because it is silver gray, too clear for my dash , the picture looks deep gray but the real is clear silvered gray... and It doesn´t have the memory direct buttons, I like to use them. It doesn´t have a fast access to boost the bass.

But it looks great and have very good
specs.

I´m thinking to get the Clarion DXZ835MP, it has a high quality sound, and it is black, agree to my dash .

Anyway, enjoy your MP3 player.
:cool:

That's a nice looking HU. I might look into that one in the future. I'm just not happy with my Sony HU.

Ok, where do you get the adapter for $100 for the Pioneer? I dont see it anywhere

thats the exact headunit i was going to get, but i had a couple nagging questions, if you could answer them, that would be sweet.... does it recognize ID3 tags on the mp3s (track info, etc) and what are the subwoofer/bass controls like, thanks man

Yeah, it recognize ID3, but how I said, it doesn't have fast access buttons to boost the bass. You need to enter a menu and then adjust it.

better than my clarion, i have to go through 3 menus and adjust it by frequency, not just bass boost, long as it doesnt sound like a$$ (sony's *cough*), looks good

Back