Which 2 of these 4??

Mud Bug 94

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomingdale, N J
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT-367k miles
I got a dana 60 and sterling 10.25 for free:) ,the 60 is flat top knuckle, high pinion with 4:10s. the 10.25 has 4:10s with a limited slip. both axles have 70,000 miles on them. Should i ditch these and go with a 44/9" combo or keep the 1 tons.... any suggestions would be nice. I would also like to know what the "street value" of my axles are to the right people. thanks, Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They arent worth a dime. Pallet them up and ship them to me and I will dispose of them for you. If you are going bigger the 36" tire use the 60 if you are going smaller then use the 44. Izwack on this board is looking for a 60 he might take it off your hands.

i would like to go with a 35-37 but severe duty so i guess ill stick with the 1 ton and build um up.but seriously if i were to ship these axles it would cost a lot because the combo weighs about 1200lbs!!! Oh, as far as price,i saw a stock d60/10.25 combo at a swapmeet they went for like $1500 i think thats a rip considering you could could get an 88 F350 for like $500 anh have every thing else with it...

i would like to go with a 35-37 but severe duty so i guess ill stick with the 1 ton and build um up.but seriously if i were to ship these axles it would cost a lot because the combo weighs about 1200lbs!!! Oh, as far as price,i saw a stock d60/10.25 combo at a swapmeet they went for like $1500 i think thats a rip considering you could could get an 88 F350 for like $500 anh have every thing else with it...

um..right...search for a d60 flat top knuckle...it goes $1500-2000...:eek:

sterlings are stronger in the rear over just about anything ford offered..but they dont have many aftermarket gears/lockers available...I just sold one like the sterling you have to a buddy for $150...they rarely go much more than $300...too many out there...

but Im using a sterling in mine..:D

i found spools, ARB air lockers and even lockrights for the 10.25, disc conversions, and from 3.08-6.56 gears... its all out there you need to look

i found spools, ARB air lockers and even lockrights for the 10.25, disc conversions, and from 3.08-6.56 gears... its all out there you need to look

but the selection is still limited compared to the 14/60...just not as much aftermarket stuff available...

where did ya find the lockright?? (never saw that one..):D

how much they are worth depends on what year truck they are out of. im going to assume the 60 is a kingpin style out of a 80-91 truck? One thing I always hear about the 10.25 is that they have problems with pinions and pinion seals. other then that they sound pretty good other then the low aftermarket. Another ford rear axle to think about is the 35 spline D70. I got mine for free when i bought my 79 f350 D60 front. Thats another thing if your front is out of a 78-79 truck, that makes it worth a little bit more. Since those years had the longer short side tube, its easyer to mount brackets and coil buckets and such to them, which makes them more valueable to people.

Back