which 6x8's do you guys recomend...??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

which 6x8's do you guys recomend...???

burtonsnow

Reaction score
City, State
san diego, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 navajo
i just got a new amp and now i need to pick out some good 6x8's. im not sure which ones to go with. im hitting 2 mtx 6000's and i need some speakers that will take around 100 watts rms. what do you guys reccomend? i dont want components because they are a waste of money for me...i think

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Infinity Kappa 572.3

100W RMS coaxials, 5x7 / 6x8

Around $109/pr.

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

What are the things shown below the speakers in the pic?

Thanks....

A 2-way crossover for each speaker; High-pass for tweeter, low-pass for woofer.

Audiobahn ACX682s

Dead Link Removed

110W RMS $85/pair

those are the speakers i was looking at...but i couldnt decide between the audiobahns and the infinity's

can't go wrong with either one ;)

where could i pick up the audiobahns for that cheap??? they are 89 on ebay

I forgot the website...but they charge alot of $ for S&H so ebay is probably your best bet.

well..i just ordered those infinity's...i fot them for 105 shipped...god i love the internet

do the infinities go in the front or back? would they work in the front and the back at the same time? if those are only for the front or only for the back, what is a good speaker for the back or the front to go with them?

they could go in the front or back. but why waste them in the back. just put some decent low powered 6X8s in the back. the front stage is the most import part in audio.

ok, just needed to straighten that out, thanks a lot.

right now im running some polks in the front and back...when i replace the fronts i will sell you the polks if you want...they are the ex's...very decent speaker

hey thanks for the offer, but im not ready to start buying anything yet. thanks anyway though!

no prob.

Anyone here have Cerwin vega hed 1683 5x7/6x8 3 way speakers? I listened to them in Best buy ($119.00 a pair) however Best buys set up sucks (only one speaker works, you listen to the music that they are pumping in, you can't adjust the bass or treble, and they shut off automatically after 5 or 6 seconds). From what I could tell (one speaker a foot over my head) they sounded pretty good (better than the 6x8 Pioneers they had below).

For $120, you can get way better speakers than those.

I went to Circuit city and heard a pair of Polk dx3 speakers that sounded great, however I was hoping to listen to dx7s but they didn't have them in stock, thought they said they could get them (for $154.00 a pair). Is there anyone here who has listened to the dx3s and dx7s side by side?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kontrol, why do you say that, have you compared the vegas to other 5x7s head to head?

Back